Bushmaster Carbon 15-newbie - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbon 15-newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1002 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Hence everyone's advice for the OP to shoot it first...
This snob can agree with that!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #52

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Choot it Nate!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #53

Default Bushmaster C15

Good luck on finding parts to build a complete AR. Some dealers are booked on sales for 24 months. I was lucky to find one C15 available, so I bought it.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #54

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Op... Congrats on your first AR, your no longer a "black rifle" virgin!

I agree with previous advise to shoot it before modifications.

Personally, I don't like a bunch of tacti-cool gear hanging off the front of my rifle. Perhaps my 6 years of Light Infantry service packing these things through the bush effects my preference.

The one modification I do highly recommend is a "drop in" replacement trigger group. There are several good ones out there and they tent to run $160.00 to $200.00.

I've been running a Chip McCormick in my Bushmaster XME 15 for over 10 years and 10k rounds without issue. It breaks like a glass rod a 3 lbs and is actually better than the trigger on my deer rifle so I highly recommend it. Giselle also makes a good one.

Good Luck, welcome to the community, and don't let a handful of AR "snobs" run you off.

Tack
Sweetness, thanks man!!

Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #55

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7pmi
Good luck on finding parts to build a complete AR. Some dealers are booked on sales for 24 months. I was lucky to find one C15 available, so I bought it.
That's what I did, brought one made already.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7pmi View Post
Lots of people are finding parts and building ARs, you just have to be on top of your game to get quality parts. Lots of ill thought out builds this year but quite a few good ones too. Research and patience are the difference.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #57

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Lots of people are finding parts and building ARs, you just have to be on top of your game to get quality parts. Lots of ill thought out builds this year but quite a few good ones too. Research and patience are the difference.
A guy at work asked me about building him one about 3 months ago, saying he wanted an A2 configuration just like what we shoot. Finally got a rifle kit in from doublestar, so I am going to start building it while he starts saving money to buy it from me. I have been happy with the quality of doublestar so far, so I am confident about the build. He can add stuff onto it at a later date. He just wanted to be able to send rounds downrange this summer.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
A guy at work asked me about building him one about 3 months ago, saying he wanted an A2 configuration just like what we shoot. Finally got a rifle kit in from doublestar, so I am going to start building it while he starts saving money to buy it from me. I have been happy with the quality of doublestar so far, so I am confident about the build. He can add stuff onto it at a later date. He just wanted to be able to send rounds downrange this summer.
I'm tempted to do an A2 or retro build too. But if I stumbled across a good used price on a complete A2 I'd do that. An old Colt would be amazing but even an old Bushmaster or ArmaLite/Eagle Arms would do the trick.

______

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #59

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm tempted to do an A2 or retro build too. But if I stumbled across a good used price on a complete A2 I'd do that. An old Colt would be amazing but even an old Bushmaster or ArmaLite/Eagle Arms would do the trick.
About 5 years back a very good friend of mine dropped by to show me a Colt National Match AR 15 in the A2 Configuration.

A friend of his was facing bankrupcy and needed cash.

The sellers offer was $1100.00 which included an assault case, 6 mags, cleaning kit, sling, ect...

I was really tempted to ask for the seller number so I chew his ass for trying to rip off my buddy!

But... I could not do that to a good friend so I just told him to buy it... or I would. He bought it.

Tack