Bushmaster Carbon 15-newbie - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbon 15-newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Best of luck to you and congratulations on your purchase.
Thanks man!!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate913 View Post
I'm at Fort Leavenworth right now. Know your facts
Which proves what? You could be "IN" Fort Leavenworth or a civi working at the PX. But I would imagine you to be an admin type. You say you did your research and yet you still bought a C-15. If you were searching for the lowest price, then I'm sure you found it. And that's fine. Enjoy your purchase.

But for you to come in here with less than 20 posts under your belt and to cast aspersions ,at people who contribute volumes of knowledge to everyone here, is asinine and pretentious. At this point I would recommend you check you attitude at the door. If you want to boast that you bought a C-15, fine. But don't get your feelings hurt when people inform you that you made a less than wise purchasing decision. Put on your big boy pants and take it like a man or just go away.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Quentin Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #33

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Magpul makes good furniture. Anything from them. I would stay away from putting tons of accessories on it. It makes the gun heavy and you really just don't use them. I like a grippod bipod, magpul sling, and a vortex red dot. A magpul bad lever is nice too. I prefer to keep it simple.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #34

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 106

It's a sad commentary when a new shooter comes to the forum looking for advice from what he considers "experts" and gets unnecessary and unwarranted attitude from some of them instead. He was asking direct, honest questions from what I read and should expect the same courtesy in return with any replies. Good natured kidding is one thing but mean spiritedness is something else. OTOH, calling someone an ignorant douche bag isn't the height of politeness either. Maybe it's the society we live in these days, but the old adage "If you can't say something nice (or constructive), don't say anything at all." seems to have been forgotten by a lot of folks.

Anyway, for some people it's all about the price, for others it's the brand and for some it's the performance. Whether you want a Carbon 15, a Colt, SIG, DPMS or any other brand and model for that matter, that's your business. As long as you're happy with the price you paid for it and the way your gun performs, that's all that counts. FWIW, I personally wouldn't spent more on the upgrades than I did for the gun. Still, there's a lot you can do for your gun while keeping the price around $1,000 or so and THAT is a bargain in the current market!

Last edited by rachilders; 04-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #35

Liked 220 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
I sure the hell would. Do you go to McDonald's and put ketchup on you cheese burger, salt on you fries??
Start out talking about a bushy and you end up bringing food into the thread. Damn! Now I'm hungry.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Quentin Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
It's a sad commentary when a new shooter comes to the forum looking for advice from what he considers "experts" and gets unnecessary and unwarranted attitude from some of them instead. He was asking direct, honest questions from what I read and should expect the same courtesy in return with any replies. Good natured kidding is one thing but mean spiritedness is something else. OTOH, calling someone an ignorant douche bag isn't the height of politeness either. Maybe it's the society we live in these days, but the old adage "If you can't say something nice (or constructive), don't say anything at all." seems to have been forgotten by a lot of folks.

Anyway, for some people it's all about the price, for others it's the brand and for some it's the performance. Whether you want a Carbon 15, a Colt, SIG, DPMS or any other brand and model for that matter, that's your business. As long as you're happy with the price you paid for it and the way your gun performs, that's all that counts. I personally wouldn't spent more on the upgrades than I did for the gun. Still, there's a lot you can do for you gun and still keep the price around $1,000 or so and THAT is a bargain in the current market!
The comment i made, yes, not right, Agreed!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #37

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW1066 View Post
Which proves what? You could be "IN" Fort Leavenworth or a civi working at the PX. But I would imagine you to be an admin type. You say you did your research and yet you still bought a C-15. If you were searching for the lowest price, then I'm sure you found it. And that's fine. Enjoy your purchase.

But for you to come in here with less than 20 posts under your belt and to cast aspersions ,at people who contribute volumes of knowledge to everyone here, is asinine and pretentious. At this point I would recommend you check you attitude at the door. If you want to boast that you bought a C-15, fine. But don't get your feelings hurt when people inform you that you made a less than wise purchasing decision. Put on your big boy pants and take it like a man or just go away.

EDUB
And who are you?? Quick to try and judge someone!! You dont know a thing about me and not even close to anything!! You guys want your group to grow. Doing a bad job at that!!
Plus, big boy pants, Ive been wearing those since i was a kid. Anyways, im not going back in forth with ya'll in here. Seems to me that this is your life and have fun with that

Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
I sure the hell would. Do you go to McDonald's and put ketchup on you cheese burger, salt on you fries??
Nope. There is too much salt on the fries already and if I want ketchup on the burger, I order it that way.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #39

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Adding a vertical foregrip, iron sights if you don't already have them, a light/laser or optic - there are many available that are decent and cost 1/3 the price of a Trijicon or EOTech - and maybe upgrading the factory butt stock are the easiest and most frequent mods made to a new AR. Again, if it were me I'd go with accessorizing your gun (extra mags, etc) rather than make a lot of upgrades for now and Magpul or Troy Industries are a good places to start. Your real problem will be dealing with the inflated prices and availability problems due to the current political climate and deciding whether to buy now or ride out the bubble and wait for things to return to a more normal state.

Last edited by rachilders; 04-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #40

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Hope you have fun with your purchase , thats what you bought it for was for you enjoyment not everyone elses. Heres what I suggest , go out and shoot the **** outta it and have fun , if something breaks , replace it with a upgraded part. Stuff does and can break even on $2000 rifles . The Carbon 15 has been know to have some issues but not every single one of them out there so dont worry about what every one else is saying . Nothing wrong with your rifle until you go out and find out .
If you want to make a upgrade buy a nice optic , that something you can move from rifle to rifle if you decide to upgrade to something else later. I would rather spend $700 on a rifle and $400 optic ,than a $1000 rifle and a $100 optic

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
People Like This