Bushmaster Carbon 15 Inputs - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbon 15 Inputs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I varmint hunt with mine on a regular basis. It has a Burris 332 prism sight and a quad rail with a bi-pod and a laser designator on it. I love mine. It's light and durable. I've shot LOTS of rounds and never have any problems with jamming or cycling. I pretty much only shoot Remington ammo. Hope this helps...

Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1296 View Post
I varmint hunt with mine on a regular basis. It has a Burris 332 prism sight and a quad rail with a bi-pod and a laser designator on it. I love mine. It's light and durable. I've shot LOTS of rounds and never have any problems with jamming or cycling. I pretty much only shoot Remington ammo. Hope this helps...
It would help us to know what "LOTS" is.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #13

I don't have a Bushmaster Carbon 15, and never shot one, but something about having a composite upper just doesn't seem right to me. Now, with the S&W M&P 15-22 it might not be bad, but I'd think it wouldn't hold up to the chamber pressure all that well over time.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkeith View Post
I don't have a Bushmaster Carbon 15, and never shot one, but something about having a composite upper just doesn't seem right to me. Now, with the S&W M&P 15-22 it might not be bad, but I'd think it wouldn't hold up to the chamber pressure all that well over time.
It doesn't make sense and has been known to bite back.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

It would help us to know what "LOTS" is.
2000-2500. I would think that's enough to have problems if I was going to.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
2000-2500. I would think that's enough to have problems if I was going to.
In what amount of time?

It really doesn't matter w/ the amount of info/pictures out there of blown up carbon upper receivers. Definitely not for me.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

In what amount of time?

It really doesn't matter w/ the amount of info/pictures out there of blown up carbon upper receivers. Definitely not for me.
Then don't buy the thing. They guy asked for everybody's opinion and I gave him my experience with my carbon 15. You think you know everything there is to know about AR's and it's ridiculous. Apparently from all the stuff I've seen you post on here you need to spend a little more time evolving your people skills and a little less time playing with your guns.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Then don't buy the thing. They guy asked for everybody's opinion and I gave him my experience with my carbon 15. You think you know everything there is to know about AR's and it's ridiculous. Apparently from all the stuff I've seen you post on here you need to spend a little more time evolving your people skills and a little less time playing with your guns.
I have great people skills. My "problem" is that I am just a little more honest than people like. I don't claim to know anything beyond my experiences and have never pretended to know everything.

The FACT is the carbon-15 is prone to blow up on its operator. As a consumer is it worth the risk considering BMs horrible reputation for QC and QA?

I could have lied and said it's a great and durable firearm but I wouldn't feel right misleading him. But if I had nobody would have had a problem w/ my post. Should we go through life lying and candy coating everything as to not upset people because they own one? That would be a disservice to everyone.

Length of ownership is not an indication of quality on its own. You need to take round count into consideration as well as shooting habits and other variables.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-09-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #19

I have put 160 rounds of .223 through the rifle with no malfunctions. Half brass and half steel rounds. The rifle shot accurate and cleanly. I ordered 420 rounds of 5.56 and they came in today. My only thought was about the supposed "upper explosion" and if it could be due to the increased pressure of the 5.56 NATO round. Thoughts?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RavenRider View Post
I have put 160 rounds of .223 through the rifle with no malfunctions. Half brass and half steel rounds. The rifle shot accurate and cleanly. I ordered 420 rounds of 5.56 and they came in today. My only thought was about the supposed "upper explosion" and if it could be due to the increased pressure of the 5.56 NATO round. Thoughts?
It's .223/5.56 so the ammo shouldn't cause a problem.

There are 3 people on this forum who have had problems w/ their Carbon 15. Two had the top rail coming off of their receiver and the other had a hand guard that kept coming off. There have been multiple people on this site who have had horrible experiences w/ BM QC. One instance took months to resolve w/o any real communication from BM.

-John Ruskin

Quote: