Bushmaster Carbon 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbon 15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bushmaster Carbon 15

Hello all, Im new to the forum. Just purchashed my First AR. Its the Bushmaster carbon 15. I am looking to get a few accessories for it nothing crazy. The first thing i need is a handguard. I would like to not spend a fortune on a quad rail, but i do need one. What are your thoughts? free floating or just slip in? and how hard and what are the steps i have to take to do both? there is no front sight on the the gas block so whould i need to remove the barrel. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Tom

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #2

Liked 1061 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

I like the MOE handguard but if you need a rail mounted front sight then maybe a quadrail is better.

Bushmaster offers a front sight (actually made by YHM) that clamps on their low gas block. I have seen them on other BMs so take a look since your C15 may have that block. That way you could use the $30 MOE which does a fine job except maybe as a sight mount.

Otherwise, buy lots of ammo and go out shooting!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Check out these from Primary Arms. There's a boat load of handguard manufactures just stay away from the really cheap ones.

Drop In

Old 04-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I am willing to bet that you dont need a quad rail as most dont including myself. Id recommend a Troy TRX EXT tube w/ top and bottom rail. The top and bottom rail are more than enough for anything you will need. You'll need a new gas block (lo-pro) and a flip up or fixed style front sight. These rails are the lightest on the market and can be had in 7,9,11,13" lenghts. Ive purchased 3 and have been happy each time. They are fairly inexpensive and free float as well.

Id also purchase a new stripped upper