Bushmaster Carbine AR..JUnk or Not? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Bushmaster Carbine AR..JUnk or Not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I too was of that frame of mind but only because that was all I knew because that's what I was taught. I have sense been enlightened through further research and personal experience. An AR can go for quite some time w/ nothing more than the reapplication of lubricant. People tend to underestimate the M4/AR. If you haven't already I suggest reading Filthy 14.

BM is not for everyone but if it works it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05 View Post
Thanks ennbee.. Let me get your opinion, when I get it back from BM should I try a different buffer and give BM a second chance before I send it down the road and get my money back and what do you recommend for a buffer? I'm new in the AR industry if that's what you want to call it so I don't know a whole lot about all these different parts that you can interchange on them.

I haven't done anything to mine. I figured I'd shoot it out. Most folks upgrade the bcg, such as extractor. As for buffer I left my carbine buffer in. Some folks swap out buffer for h buffer. Mine is 1-9 twist no feed ramps and it works like a dream. I've run hard drills in the desert with no malfs to this point. I may take a carbine class to see how it runs, but I'll take my bcm as a back up. Not that I expect the bushy to fail, but one should take a backup in case of emergency. Hope this helps.

i will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.

i'm selling all my handguns. i'm going all in on ar's!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #23

Magnum, new rifles need a little break in. Even my bcm needed some range time before it performed like a dream. Like I said my buddy put 1k through it so he broke it in for me. Shoot it a little more and if it gives you problems then I'd contact the mfg.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #24

I think every ar mfg. has a blip as far as dogs. Although there are some that are of a higher quality and if you read the forums you'll see which ones are highly regarded and which ones aren't. That does not mean the lightly regarded ar's are crap. Just do your due diligence. Although the top rail coming off does concern me. I'd have them fix it or fix it myself if doesn't affect function. That being said I wouldnt want my rail coming off a new upper. Good luck brother...

Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennbee15 View Post
I think every ar mfg. has a blip as far as dogs. Although there are some that are of a higher quality and if you read the forums you'll see which ones are highly regarded and which ones aren't. That does not mean the lightly regarded ar's are crap. Just do your due diligence. Although the top rail coming off does concern me. I'd have them fix it or fix it myself if doesn't affect function. That being said I wouldnt want my rail coming off a new upper. Good luck brother...
I think this is some good advise. I talk a lot of **** about all the POS ARs out there but there are other acceptable levels as long as you know what you want and the limitations of each AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #26

Likes Given: 1

i have had no problems with my ar "performance" wise!! It was just the poor design in the top rail. Some of you are taking this threat into a different direction for some reason.. I never said I took it right out of the box and just started shooting it or it jams or whatever. When I buy new guns I do disassemble, reassemble, clean it, examine and get to know it before i shoot them. This thread was just a simple question on whether or not BM carbons are junk or not. I like other ppls opinions and advise, what i dont care for are assumptions

Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #27

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

I was at the range today doing law enforcement training. We were shooting Bushy Carbon - 15's chambered in 9mm. I have to say that it wasnt worth a damn. I couldnt get through a 30 round mag without having at least 3 ftf. I went through 4 mags and it was the same thing each time. It was getting very irritating. I was waiting for the top rail to come loose but luckily it didnt.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05
i have had no problems with my ar "performance" wise!! It was just the poor design in the top rail. Some of you are taking this threat into a different direction for some reason.. I never said I took it right out of the box and just started shooting it or it jams or whatever. When I buy new guns I do disassemble, reassemble, clean it, examine and get to know it before i shoot them. This thread was just a simple question on whether or not BM carbons are junk or not. I like other ppls opinions and advise, what i dont care for are assumptions
I appreciate your response and in my first post I shared my experience with my BM and have to say it was well made. Your issue with your top rail may have just been because yes it was built on a Friday and I believe that BM are quality firearms and I plan on purchasing more BM products including the ACR. Take care and good luck and hope BM takes care of your problem.

Last edited by ShadowArms; 01-22-2012 at 12:38 AM.