Bushmaster Carbine AR..JUnk or Not? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbine AR..JUnk or Not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

mj, we need to do that sometime. It would be fun! Sorry guys, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #12

i bought mine from a friend that had a 1000 rounds through it. i've put almost 2000 myself. this rifle does not even have m4 ramps and has been flawless. i guess you get lucky on certain ones. and as far as the mid length and carbine discussion....i have both and there's no difference. yeah it may beat up the rifle a little, but that's where the buffer comes in. it's gtg. enjoy.

be nice to the man with the gun, you'd be crazy not to.

i will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.

i'm selling all my handguns. i'm going all in on ar's!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #13

Likes Given: 1

Thanks ennbee.. Let me get your opinion, when I get it back from BM should I try a different buffer and give BM a second chance before I send it down the road and get my money back and what do you recommend for a buffer? I'm new in the AR industry if that's what you want to call it so I don't know a whole lot about all these different parts that you can interchange on them.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #14

Likes Given: 5

If you purchased a weapon new in the box and took it to the range without going over it, tearing it down and re-assembling before shooting it....
You may want to re-think your new weapon tactics.
Have had and still have Bushmasters in my cabinet..never had a hickup with anything but their crappy magazines. The suggested P-Mags are great!!
Thanks gang!

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
If you purchased a weapon new in the box and took it to the range without going over it, tearing it down and re-assembling before shooting it....
You may want to re-think your new weapon tactics.
Have had and still have Bushmasters in my cabinet..never had a hickup with anything but their crappy magazines. The suggested P-Mags are great!!
Thanks gang!
I have never ever gone to such lengths before firing a new AR or any firearm for the matter. What are the benefits of doing all that?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I have never ever gone to such lengths before firing a new AR or any firearm for the matter. What are the benefits of doing all that?
Well the benefits of tearing down,going through, and cleaning your brand new weapon should be one of the first thing all gun owners do with their brand new weapon straight out of the box. It removes the packing oil and you can make sure all parts are in good working condition. Also it will help you become more proficient in your weapon just by tearing it down. Also every good gun owner knows his weapons inside and out so of their is an issue it can be quickly identified and issue resolved.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #17

In reply to the main thread I just wanted to say I have a Bushmaster M-4 and have fired several thousand rounds through and it works just as proficiently as my M-4 did when I was in the military. I have never had a misfire, jam, or fail to load ever. As long as you take care of your weapon clean it and perform proper preventive maintenance you will never have an issue unless it was built on a Friday as you stated or a part just happens to break from wear and tear. Good luck with your next Bushmaster and I wouldn't expect to have another issue with your replacement rifle.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #18

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05 View Post
Thanks ennbee.. Let me get your opinion, when I get it back from BM should I try a different buffer and give BM a second chance before I send it down the road and get my money back and what do you recommend for a buffer? I'm new in the AR industry if that's what you want to call it so I don't know a whole lot about all these different parts that you can interchange on them.
Most all of the parts are interchangable between them with the exception of Colt ,they use the larger pins which will not work with other uppers and visa versa.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArms View Post
Well the benefits of tearing down,going through, and cleaning your brand new weapon should be one of the first thing all gun owners do with their brand new weapon straight out of the box. It removes the packing oil and you can make sure all parts are in good working condition. Also it will help you become more proficient in your weapon just by tearing it down. Also every good gun owner knows his weapons inside and out so of their is an issue it can be quickly identified and issue resolved.
I would consider myself quite proficient w/ an AR as prior Infantry and a 3gunner. I avoid questionable manufactures w/ tainted reputations. I think people get way to uptight about firearms. Do you inspect a wrench or hammer before you use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArms View Post
In reply to the main thread I just wanted to say I have a Bushmaster M-4 and have fired several thousand rounds through and it works just as proficiently as my M-4 did when I was in the military. I have never had a misfire, jam, or fail to load ever. As long as you take care of your weapon clean it and perform proper preventive maintenance you will never have an issue unless it was built on a Friday as you stated or a part just happens to break from wear and tear. Good luck with your next Bushmaster and I wouldn't expect to have another issue with your replacement rifle.
Once again people get to carried away. We're dealing w/ tools not Fabergé Eggs here. What's maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Most all of the parts are interchangable between them with the exception of Colt ,they use the larger pins which will not work with other uppers and visa versa.
Thing of the past, correct?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Once again people get to carried away. We're dealing w/ tools not Fabergé Eggs here. What's maintenance?
Maintenance is proper cleaning of trouble areas of any weapon and lubrication. I was 19K turned 19D and found those that that did not show there weapon some love and give it a good deep cleaning had more issues than others. As a former military man yourself I'm sure your are verses in pre-emptive maintenance which is all I was discussing in my remarks. I'm not trying to cause conflict within the thread just share some of my experiences. But all in all I have a bushmaster M-4 and love it. I have heard that some people do not care for the bushmaster brand but I do. I couldn't afford a colt at the time of purchase and I went with the bushmaster.