Bushmaster ACR - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster ACR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default Not about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
anything over $1.8k better shoot by itself and put everything in the 10-ring, too.

Seriously, you could build one heck of a tack driver for that kind of $$.

then again, there are those out there who just have to have the latest designer name brand on their toys.
The first article on the ACR came out before Bushmaster got involved. The rifle was designed by MagPul Industries and the quick change barrel/caliber conversion ability is what caught my eye. I don't need the newest gadgets, "favorite handguns are old full sized 1911s", but I do appreciate innovative designs.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

i would love to get an AR but think i will have to settle for a modified mini-14. Hunted with dad alot and its accurate as hell. Would also love a scar but holy crap thats alot

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
The first article on the ACR came out before Bushmaster got involved. The rifle was designed by MagPul Industries and the quick change barrel/caliber conversion ability is what caught my eye. I don't need the newest gadgets, "favorite handguns are old full sized 1911s", but I do appreciate innovative designs.
I've followed it since Magpul put it out, and it's bigger brother now, the Massoud. As for quick change barrel/caliber conversions, that's been around for a while, but none have really caught on to stay. Robinson Armament's XCR is capable of the same thing, and was in the running as a replacement for the M4, along side the HK's, FN's, etc.

I wasn't putting you down or anything like that for being interested in the latest inovations in firearms. Not at all, because I too like to keep up with what is new and BETTER. All I was saying is, at that price point, I can wait until they get the bugs out and the price down. I have pieces to cover just about every caliber I need, from .17 to .50, so no real need for anything right now that is convertible. Dedicated platforms fit all my needs

But hey, if they ever build a better 'hammer', I'm sure I'll be in line for one. They've been trying to improve it for over 40 years, and still going.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #14

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
I've followed it since Magpul put it out, and it's bigger brother now, the Massoud. As for quick change barrel/caliber conversions, that's been around for a while, but none have really caught on to stay. Robinson Armament's XCR is capable of the same thing, and was in the running as a replacement for the M4, along side the HK's, FN's, etc.

I wasn't putting you down or anything like that for being interested in the latest inovations in firearms. Not at all, because I too like to keep up with what is new and BETTER. All I was saying is, at that price point, I can wait until they get the bugs out and the price down. I have pieces to cover just about every caliber I need, from .17 to .50, so no real need for anything right now that is convertible. Dedicated platforms fit all my needs

But hey, if they ever build a better 'hammer', I'm sure I'll be in line for one. They've been trying to improve it for over 40 years, and still going.
Thanks for the info on the XCR, I'll look into it. And no worries, I didn't take it as a put down. I generally believe in the concept that "A jack of all trades is a master of none" and think that applies to most convertible gun designs over the years but eventually someone going to get it right...right?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #15

Default How's the Recoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Retro-fit op-rod? Better do some homework. Bushy makes a model that isn't retro-fit.. And works damn fine I might add. Yeah, it was a little higher in price but way lower than the ACR !!
These new rifles should be interesting to hear reports in the next year.
I'm curious about the new op rod craze on AR's. I was 11B for 6 years so I certainly get the whole "ease of cleaning effect" you get when you go from gas impingement to op rod but when Stoner designed gas impingement it was state of the art and it certainly achieved the goal a rifle that is totally controllable in full auto mode. My AK and my M1A are both op rod, both great guns, but the recoil makes follow up shots about 1/10 as fast as I get with my good old gas AR.
Now I'd be happy to loose the hours of carbon scraping you get to enjoy with gas impingement but not if means my AR's going to handle like my AK does.

So...Hows the recoil on the op rod AR?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:25 AM   #16

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Anyone out there know if the Bushmaster ACR is available yet?
This is from OnPointFirearms.com out of St. Petersburg Fla. Sent out late last week.

Description

Manufacturer Bushmaster Model ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) Action Semi-automatic Caliber 223 Rem Caliber 556NATO Barrel Length 16.5" Finish/Color Coyote Brown Grips/Stock Side Folding Accessories Front Rail Type of Barrel Hammer Forged Capacity 30Rd Sights Magpul Flip Front/Rear MSRP $3,061.00

Details

SKU: BMACRFR16M4C
Quantity: - out of stock -
(Notify me when the product is in stock)

Weight: 20.00 lbs
Price: $ 2,598.75
bmacrfr16m4c_1.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 03-02-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's a link to Bushmaster website highlighting the ACR. Although, the views loaded slow the music was pretty good. Just click caliber change, etc, etc.

I see there also adding a .308 to their line of rifles.

Bushmaster Presents - ACR

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I want a few of these from MAGPUL....

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #19

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

for $2500+ your smokin crack. you can build a stable of ar's that will out shoot that thing and look better doing it.

Or you can build a decent bolt gun and put a nice scope on it for that price and end up with a gun that will split the hairs on a gnats ares at 100 yards.