Bushmaster - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandog View Post
While it's possible to get a "lemon" from just about any company, I have not heard of any problems with Bushmaster's products. They are, at least were not too long ago, to be considered one of the upper tier of AR manufacturers, the "ABC's", meaning Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt. I have owned all three, and currently have a Bushmaster lower on my AR. Unless they have gotten sloppy recently, you should have a good experience with one of their carbines ( or rifles).
The famed ABC is now BCD. As in BCM, Colt and Daniel Defense. ArmaLite makes a decent AR but couldn't letter today. BCM wrestled the letter from BM without breaking a sweat. Colt of course still is a top dog.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

fsted2a Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #52

Liked 26 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB
I've had my Bushmaster for 11 years (bought new) thousands of rounds and only one malfunction that I remember. F. T. Fire I that I attributed to old bulk ammo. I can't speak on their newer rifles but I equate firearms with every other product from watches to automobiles. What I buy today normally is not as well made as what was produced years ago, not always the case but most times it seems.
. Agreed. It seems like nothing today is made as well as it once was. I have a 870 that has served me problem free for 25+ years, yet looking at the shotgun forum, you see loads of problems with the new ones. I guess pride in ones work/product has fallen off in our new " modern " era.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #53

Liked 237 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
Wife's Bushmaster has had zero problems in 2 years. Havent tried steel case crap tho. Its the XM15A2 or something like that. Fit, finish, and function are fine. I did swap out the sights for Trijicon night sights, but thats it.
I build my own, and my customers, and all of my builds will shoot brass, steel, or blanks with no problems. Bushmasters are known to be pretty solid and reliable for the most part. Shooters have been known to shoot thousands of rounds in a weekend through them without any significant FTF issues. I just disagree with those putting them on the same level as Colt. When they are brand new, you can take a Colt out of the box, and if you are using really good marksmanship techniques, you will not have to adjust the iron sights any to put rounds in the sillhouette at 25 meters from a cold barrel with a mechanical zero. The reason being is they align the barrel so perfectly that unless you are really screwing up, the rifle is zero'd out of the box. The barrel alignment tool they use costs thousands. They actually state now that the barrel is a factory replacement, and they no longer train armorers to replace the barrel.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin