Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1444 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
So you ended up with a flat top ?
Good choice it will last you a long long time if you take care of it . Now prepare for BRD it could hit at any moment , I think I hear it coming already .
I know, I know, not my stated goal at the outset (looking for no-frills classic AR, single position stock, carry handle). What I learned is that the 'classic AR' with the 20" barrel is better to look at than it is to shoulder. At the end of the day, ergonomics and selection drove the decision.

I would like an AR non-carbine in 7.62. That will probably be next year's project and my first build I believe. I found out these guys are only a few miles from where I live: http://www.atomictactical.com/ - this might be a real challenge to my savings account!

Believe I caught BRD whilst on a mission to find a bolt-action pistol caliber carbine or a lever action. That's what a couple extra spaces in the gun cabinet will do to a fellow. I thought I was immune. Now I am on Diane F's 'Most Hated' list lol
Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Heres my 2, 7.62x39's

This one I acquired a little over a month ago and its lots of fun .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #33

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Heres my 2, 7.62x39's

This one I acquired a little over a month ago and its lots of fun .
I have a SKS in 7.62, and you're right. It is fun!

Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #34

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Aaarrrgh! All the parts I want are out of stock!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Heres my 2, 7.62x39's

very nice - what type of optic do you have mounted there?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #36

Liked 732 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
Having three or four guys I have never met give me 'expert' advice via the internet has SOME value ... I get it some of you can't handle seeing someone go the 'wrong way'. It's my first AR. First as in there will be others I am sure. And I will talk about it when I get it. And somebody will think I am making the wrong move lol - that's totally OK I am in this to satisfy myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I know, I know, not my stated goal at the outset (looking for no-frills classic AR, single position stock, carry handle). What I learned is that the 'classic AR' with the 20" barrel is better to look at than it is to shoulder. At the end of the day, ergonomics and selection drove the decision...
This happens all the time. It's easy to get annoyed when folks offer suggestions then are adamant that the new guy consider them. It's just that we've been through it ourselves and hate to see others make the same mistakes. Anyway, nice S&W you got!

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
This happens all the time. It's easy to get annoyed when folks offer suggestions then are adamant that the new guy consider them. It's just that we've been through it ourselves and hate to see others make the same mistakes. Anyway, nice S&W you got!
you hunted me down Quentin. I closed that thread for a reason - I was tired of hearing other people tell me I wasn't thinking according to their specifications. anyway I am 'new' to ARs but certainly not to firearms. I have completely taken-down and re-furbished a couple gas rifles, and do a lot of other home gunsmithing. I am also skilled in woodworking, carpentry and am overall very mechanically inclined. I wanted something 'out of the box' for an AR first time out, and boy some folks could not get their brains around that.

it's important to understand, not everybody seeks advice in the same way. and not everybody runs off and buys Palmetto State gear just because a few guys push it so much you'd swear they make commission.

That thread would still be open if people didn't give the 'why ask advice and not take it' vibe starting about half way through. Then start telling me that I am 'annoying' them. Really? Go find something else to do if someone is 'annoying' you on the internet. That's my advice, it equates to 'get a life'

Good day!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #38

Nope, didn't hunt you down, you posted in a thread I was following. It's interesting how a person's first AR's initial configuration often evolves as he gets opinions from others who've gone through it already. No matter how much you think you know, you really don't know until you've had at it yourself. That's why so many of us here try to help save the new AR buyer from himself/herself.

ETA:
Also, IIRC it was pointed out that you could get complete rifles from PSA since you brought that up.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

ETA:
Also, IIRC it was pointed out that you could get complete rifles from PSA since you brought that up.
OK so it's salary, not straight commission is it?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #40

No financial gain of any kind, like most of us here. But there MUST be a reason so many of us recommend PSA over Bushmaster and their ilk, huh?