Bushmaster .223 .556 NATO AR15 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster .223 .556 NATO AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondhand_Hero View Post
i'll have to keep that in mind! Some people are trying to sway me towards a Spike for the quality but could you list a couple top brands? Or would it be well worth custom building one?
Quality/Value - BCM, Daniel Defense, PSA, Spikes, LMT, Colt

Quote:
Would you mind going into more detail? i'm big into shooting but kind of a dunce when it comes to more in-depth research
It's really not that hard. I'm a very inmatiant person and money burns a whole in my pocket but still figuring out what works and what doesn't is important.

Listen to guys like Quentin. He's level headed and knowledgeable.

Learn what steel, assembly techniques, companies are best.

Go to each manufacturers website and compare build materials. It usually doesn't take long to see a seperation in quality.

Plus it is always helpful to listen to guys who know a thing or two.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
'Top Three' we'll say being Spikes, RRA, and S&W? i've shot two AR15's and one AR10 so i really have no idea what would be the best product other than what you guys say
Top 3 that you've shot?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Top 3 that you've shot?
i'm tryin! Like i said i'm more of a shooter than a researcher so even asking you guys is a stretch for me.. And no, i would like to know what the top three in general work the best.. Only AR15's i have shot are Bushmaster and Olympic Arms

Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
i'm tryin! Like i said i'm more of a shooter than a researcher so even asking you guys is a stretch for me.. And no, i would like to know what the top three in general work the best.. Only AR15's i have shot are Bushmaster and Olympic Arms
Top 3 in my price range in order from lowest to highest price: PSA, BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #15

Liked 1018 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Top 3 in my price range in order from lowest to highest price: PSA, BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense.
I kinda lost count along the way, but no argument from me!

Secondhand_Hero, you have to set a budget and set your specs and what your uses will be. If a lowball budget is king, then add PSA and Spikes to your short list, maybe even the S&W Sport.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well i've only shot mid-priced AR15's and i loved them. As much as i'd like to have one in my hands tomorrow i could save up for a quality gun or even try to build one up one part at a time.. i've been patient thusfar so if the quality is worth the cost i'd be more than willing to take it slow

Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

LOL, yeah my son was being a monster at the moment.

Secondhand, the ARs listed are the best values on the market at the moment.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Okay, thank you very much for the help! At one point i was thinking of getting an AR15 chambered for 7.62 but quickly decided against that for obvious reasons.. Now i'll have to decide between the standard 5.56 NATO, 6.8 SPC, or possibly try my hand at building my own 5.56.
Glad you folks know what you're talkin about!!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #19

Liked 1018 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

S_H, you sound like just the type that would do well rolling your own. A great way to get the most for your money and spread out the cost, but it requires patience. Most of us here who have are happy with our one-of-a-kind.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
S_H, you sound like just the type that would do well rolling your own. A great way to get the most for your money and spread out the cost, but it requires patience. Most of us here who have are happy with our one-of-a-kind.
Okay, i'll most certainly make sure to spam the forums again for help later come closer to time! Would it be terribly hard to build a 6.8 instead of 5.56 for my first time? From what i understand the 6.8 isn't a farcry from 5.56 NATO in AR15's mechanically (yes i know price, power, and recoil are a different story)