Bushmaster 16 inch A3 w/EOTech scope - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster 16 inch A3 w/EOTech scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Holy Crap! You DO NOT get to shoot my weapons when we get together and go to the range... LOL
Yeah, never hand a couple of E4s 4000 rounds and tell them to just burn them off. Especially not when they're holding brand new M4s.

I found out 3 important things that day. Break Free is flammable and is a very powerful intoxicant and that hand guards will readily catch fire after an hour or so of sustained fire.

I almost got my ass kicked and got a statement of charges for that one.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Yeah, never hand a couple of E4s 4000 rounds and tell them to just burn them off. Especially not when they're holding brand new M4s.

I found out 3 important things that day. Break Free is flammable and is a very powerful intoxicant and that hand guards will readily catch fire after an hour or so of sustained fire.

I almost got my ass kicked and got a statement of charges for that one.
I'm laughing brother, but not at you, but at the situation.... That's a funny story, but I don't imagine you find the memory all that funny.

Okay, you can shoot my stuff when we get together for Range Day, but you are getting ( 1 ) mag at a time....

JD

Old 08-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I'm laughing brother, but not at you, but at the situation.... That's a funny story, but I don't imagine you find the memory all that funny.

Okay, you can shoot my stuff when we get together for Range Day, but you are getting ( 1 ) mag at a time....

JD
No it was hilarious at the time, it coulda' just been the fumes from the Brake Free though. We spent an hour or so feeding clips into magazines, then we just went nuts. We were under the supervision of the RSO, so that's really what saved us.

I learned how to do mag changes really quickly too.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #14

Better not let a certain member see that pic-- he'll have a fit and post a 30min sermon about his great shooting abilities and how you must not know how to shoot.

Sweet set up BTW-- very nice.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeck View Post
Better not let a certain member see that pic-- he'll have a fit and post a 30min sermon about his great shooting abilities and how you must not know how to shoot.

Sweet set up BTW-- very nice.
That's funny, I don't care who you are... JPBeck you have a classic sense of humor. I am most happy to have you aboard the forum...

JD

Old 08-25-2008, 01:38 AM   #16

I see you have the Eotech and what looks like a GG&G flip up rear sight. Did you have any trouble sighting in the GG&G? Mine is printing 8" high at 100 yards and I ran out of front sight adjustment. I know Bushmast makes a taller front sight post but it will stick out past the "ears" and could snag on stuff

Old 08-25-2008, 02:14 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I know that both he, and RL357Mag I believe, have a fondness for the Bushmasters.

JD
Not me JD...I'm a Rock River Arms / DPMS afficionado...plain-jane non-tactical, basic stuff here...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #18

Thank you very much. I ordered this one via my local gun shop.
http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16SL.asp
I paid 300 less for it, which seems fair. I though a lot about the RRA but went with this one because it was lighter. If I get another one, I will get the RRA.
I must say I was really suprised that no one really carried a good selection of AR's.
What do you all use for ammo? I am going to purchase a case and not sure which kind to buy. I am thinking US brands are best, is that correct?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #19

Sorry RL - I knew you had a sweet RRA, but I thought you also had a Bushy for some reason....

lovetoshoot - Looks like you got yourself a nice model there. Should take care of you well in the future if you take care of it. Welcome to the Black Rifle Club!

As for ammo - I buy from These Guys. They are at every gun show here locally and always have good prices and a pretty decent selection.

Look forward to hearing about your first range report!

JD

Old 08-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Sorry RL - I knew you had a sweet RRA, but I thought you also had a Bushy for some reason....

lovetoshoot - Looks like you got yourself a nice model there. Should take care of you well in the future if you take care of it. Welcome to the Black Rifle Club!

As for ammo - I buy from These Guys. They are at every gun show here locally and always have good prices and a pretty decent selection.

Look forward to hearing about your first range report!

JD
That was my BUSHY...one of them anyway.