Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default If it makes you feel any better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I'm still not talking to you. THREE WEAPONS NOW!! THREE - and no range reports..... Ornery old codger. If you hadn't raised such great kids, and didn't have such hot therapists for your recovery, I'd put you on time out and shoot those damn guns MYSELF!!
If you were anywhere close to me I would love for you to fire them. I'd even furnish the ammo and thearapists.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Eugene Stoner designed the rifle to be fired with brass cased ammo. Steel cased ammo (Laquered, Polymer coated, Zinc plated) CAN be used as an emergency expediant. You have about $1000 invested in your rifle but you want to save a few cents on ammo? An AR-15 rifle is like a Corvette, a finely designed and tuned perfornce machine. You CAN put 87 octane gas in a ZR-6 Corvette, but you will not get the same performance and you may cause damage to the engine.

SKS's and AK's were designed to shoot steel cased, laquered ammo. They shoot it fine. A Chevette was designed to use 87 octane gas and it does just fine on it.
I respect your opinion, but the savings are more than a few cents right now. For range use, I'll continue to use Silver Bear. The black rifle is a little more tolerant IMHO. If an extractor goes south I'll replace it. Brass ammo wears on the system too. Your advice is well founded, but, for me, I'll gamble.

regards,
Steve