Bushmaster - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
My bad - That is what I meant, but for some reason felt like typing Salt Lake.

JD
its cool. lol.. just wish they would hire me..lol..i been applying there for a couple years now...seems somebody has to die to get a job there

Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Bushmaster does not make AR-15's chambered for .223. They are all 5.56. I use most any new commercial brass cased, boxer primed ammo for mine 5.56 or .223. PMP, Federal, Winchester, etc.....

Old 03-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Wolf Ammo

I'll second Crockett's comments about the ploymer coated steel cased Wolf .223 ammo. I have fired several hundred rounds through both my older SP1 and my new RRA. I have not had any problems in either rifle. The powder does burn dirtier, and it does take a bit more clean-up after a day of shooting. But with the current ammo availability situation (and not to mention cost) I would not hesitate to buy another 1,000 rounds of the Wolf polymer coated ammo.

Polymer coated Wolf is all I have ever shot through my AK, and again no FTF or FTE issues.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
Bushmaster does not make AR-15's chambered for .223. They are all 5.56.
Actually they have several models they will sell you in either chamber configuration. They will sell you a civilian .223 cut chamber if that is what you are looking for.

People that reload, and varmint hunt, for example prefer the .223 chamber....

Bushmaster

JD

Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #15

On ammo, bushmaster sez:

http://www.bushmaster.com/documentation/AmmoAdvisory.pdf

Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Eugene Stoner designed the rifle to be fired with brass cased ammo. Steel cased ammo (Laquered, Polymer coated, Zinc plated) CAN be used as an emergency expediant. You have about $1000 invested in your rifle but you want to save a few cents on ammo? An AR-15 rifle is like a Corvette, a finely designed and tuned perfornce machine. You CAN put 87 octane gas in a ZR-6 Corvette, but you will not get the same performance and you may cause damage to the engine.

SKS's and AK's were designed to shoot steel cased, laquered ammo. They shoot it fine. A Chevette was designed to use 87 octane gas and it does just fine on it.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Eugene Stoner designed the rifle to be fired with brass cased ammo. Steel cased ammo (Laquered, Polymer coated, Zinc plated) CAN be used as an emergency expediant. You have about $1000 invested in your rifle but you want to save a few cents on ammo? An AR-15 rifle is like a Corvette, a finely designed and tuned perfornce machine. You CAN put 87 octane gas in a ZR-6 Corvette, but you will not get the same performance and you may cause damage to the engine.

SKS's and AK's were designed to shoot steel cased, laquered ammo. They shoot it fine. A Chevette was designed to use 87 octane gas and it does just fine on it.
let me rephrase, i want to fire inexpensive ammo that i can find in bulk that will not cause me to file bankrupsty, sell my eggs or my first born. that said, i don't want a "cheap" bullet. I want an effective round for the price. both my husband and myself want to shoot this thing but we don't want to spend $100 for 5 min of fun. i've noticed that the winchester round is much more pointed and looks to give a more precise shoot than the monarch. I don't want to sound like a cheapskate but i have a mortgage and private school tuition to pay for. I really don't want to spend a fortune on ammo for practice that i'll never see again. same with my 380 handgun. i hate buying ammo b/c it's so expensive. well not THAT expensive but for something that is not tangible i try to take my time when i'm at the range just because i'm a penny pincher lol! thanks for the info. didn't want to sound like i'd drive my corvette on watered down gas.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Any US made, brass cased ammo in the appropriate caliber will work. For plinking, any M-193 (XM-193) 55gr FMJ ammo should be fine. Military surplus ammo from places like Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Israel, etc will work.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #19

Default Penny, congrats on the purchase

And, might I add, being a wonderful lady for buying your husband a Bushmaster.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BLASTED BY A CERTAIN VARMIT ON HERE (jd) for getting it for him.
I still like ya JD.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
I still like ya JD.
I'm still not talking to you. THREE WEAPONS NOW!! THREE - and no range reports..... Ornery old codger. If you hadn't raised such great kids, and didn't have such hot therapists for your recovery, I'd put you on time out and shoot those damn guns MYSELF!!