Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bush xm-15 bolt carrier question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

He does eventually call the Gas Rings. This video is full of info and potentially a great help for beginners. I just wish they had paid better attention to the photography. I know this is a dirty job and a white shirt would have been trashed, but a OD shirt out in the sun so you could actually see the AR and what he was doing would make this video near perfect.

If anybody has a YouTube account and would like to post the comment for them I am sure they will eventually get around to re-shooting it. I don't have a you tube account, don't really want one either. Too Damned many passwords as it is.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #12

so is there anything out there that is better than factory replacement for gas rings. i've had bad luck with this gun ever since i bought it.

thank you,
joe

Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #13

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Factory is fine but you might want to look at BCM's bolt upgrade kit, it's pretty cheap since it's basically rings and extractor upgrades.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Factory is fine but you might want to look at BCM's bolt upgrade kit, it's pretty cheap since it's basically rings and extractor upgrades.
thanks, i was just looking at that online. seems like the folks that purchased the item have been pleased and happy. thanks again. i

Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #15

there are probrably a dozen or more manufacturers of those rings so know which are better than the next is a real crap shoot. get several sets, and even the bolt upgrade kit. good spare parts to have on hand

Check out this video: BCG Assembly

About half way through the video is the info on changing out the gas rings.

All of these videos on Brownelle's website are GREAT info.

Brownell's is also a GREAT place to get the individual parts. Sell to the public, no min. orders, good prices, good people.

Last edited by WoodysKJ; 04-02-2011 at 04:34 PM.