Bush master - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bush master

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2878 Times on 1401 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Deathkricket,

I could not tell from the picture. But the part of the Rail (The Bottom Rail) with the long tab sticking out goes on the bottom and faces the Bayonet Lug. You put the bottom on first "always". Then you put the top section on with the screws to the front by the Barrel Handguard Plate. They provide a small squeeze container of Blue Loctite. Put a drop of Blue on the Screws and just snug them! Do not over tighten them. The scissor action of the two pieces with the top going forward and the bottom being pushed back can actually bend the End Plate. Please advise! If your barrel nut is tight, Delta Ring is installed correctly and the Snap Ring is in place? Then it is just an adjustment on the Quad Rail.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Accuracy wedge

Deatkricket

You can get a Accuracy Wedge for the Bushmaster to tighten the upper and lower receiver play up. Although it is a little loose like most Bushmasters, it should not effect your accuracy any by it having a little play. But to tighten it up get one of the wedges. It goes down underneath the Take Down Pin and easy to install with no problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #13

this is somewhat related to the topic so ill post it here instead of a new thread. I just installed a YHM free float handguard and i tightened everything down but the handguard still wiggles a little. does that mean i have to tighten down the jam nut more? and if so what do you suggest I use? I have an armorers wrench but nothing on that will fit. should i use a flat head screw driver and a hammer to try to tighten it down? thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I am not sure of which one you are speaking of so I will start with their standard design YHM Free Float Quad Rails. They are in three pieces. The actual Quad Rail Tube, The Lock Ring and the Barrel Nut that is threaded and has holes in the front all the way through it so it can be torqued to specification. First of all is the Barrel Nut Torqued to a minimum of 35 ft. Lbs or more?
If so the Lock Ring should be moved to the rear even with the back of the Barrel Nut. Then the actual Quad Rail should be screwed on. I also clean the threads on the Barrel Nut and inside the Quad Rail and add three or four dots of Blue Loctite on them before threading on the Quad Rail into it's final position. Screw the Quad Rail all the way back until it makes contact with the Lock Ring. Keep in mind you also need a bubble level or a fixture that will assure the Flat Top on the Receiver and the top Rail on the Quad Rail are level side to side with each other. You can use a large screwdriver to tighten the Lock Ring if you do not have a spanner wrench. But use caution not to damage it. And be sure the level does not change while you are doing it. No you do not want any movement at all and should not have any! Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance. The guys here on the FTF are very knowledgeable in this area. If it is of a different design please advise.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #15

Yes it is the free float diamond quad rail. ok so the jam nut(lock nut) should be tightened right up to the quad rail. the barrel nut isn't tight to the receiver because if it were tight to it the hole wouldn't align for the gas tube. should i just tighten it way down so the next hole is aligned? that may fix it but im not sure what to use to tighten the barrel nut down tight. thank you and I knew you guys would know what I was talking about.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #16

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Thx for the advice sniper ill give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #17

Ok well im kind of an idiot i realized. i had to tighten that barrel nut down so it'd align with the holes. i just didn't want to over tighten it and thats why i never really did it but I just watched some youtube videos about it. Luckily i had those pins on my armorers wrench to tighten it. took a lot of sweat but I got the holes aligned and it definitely wont be moving. thank you again guys.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #18

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Sniper, i put it back on that way and it was still wedging the delta ring so, i ended up picking up a new mil spec one that has full contact for very very cheap so ill get rid of the surefire, it is kinda weird that it does not make full contact, anyway i just picked up a eotech baby halo and my front grip so now its complete. I am thinking of getting a young's match grade chrome bolt carrier group but that will come later.

sany0314.jpg  

Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
Sniper, i put it back on that way and it was still wedging the delta ring so, i ended up picking up a new mil spec one that has full contact for very very cheap so ill get rid of the surefire, it is kinda weird that it does not make full contact, anyway i just picked up a eotech baby halo and my front grip so now its complete. I am thinking of getting a young's match grade chrome bolt carrier group but that will come later.
Glad you got squared away.

For a battle/combat rifle like build a BCM or DD BCG might be an awesome addition.