Bush master
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Bush master

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default Bush master

Just picked up my first AR 15, its a bush master 5.56 with a M4 style upper. i do have one question, when i put on the free floating surefire quad rail the slip ring at the reciver wiggles a little, will that cause any problems with the riffle? other then the fact that the barrel looks like it had a very bad powder coat job i love it and cannot wait to get out this week and break it in.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #2

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Congrats on your new SUR

As for the free float rail I doubt any wiggle from it will cause any serious harm. But I cold see having accuracy issues if you have a front sight or mount any optics to it. Any chance you could give us some pics?

I'm sure others will be along and may offer better help

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Are you talking about the Delta Ring?

Bush master - AR-15 Discussion

Is the delta ring factory installed? Check to see if its properly installed. It might be the entire thing, barrel nut and all, moving. Does your barrel have excessive play? It could be that the portion of the rail that fits inside the delta ring doesn't match up well causing the extra movement.

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-19-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #4

Yes its the delta ring, the way the surefire quad rail is made the bottom half hooks into the back and the top half of the rail system hooks into the front causing the top of the delta ring to lean forward and wiggle around a little bit, the rail system itsself does not move at all, just the ring. the first is with factory heat gaurd, the second is with the rail and the 3rd you can see how the delta ring leans forward at the top with the rail installed.
sany0307.jpg   sany0308.jpg   sany0309.jpg  

Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #5

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
Yes its the delta ring, the way the surefire quad rail is made the bottom half hooks into the back and the top half of the rail system hooks into the front causing the top of the delta ring to lean forward and wiggle around a little bit, the rail system itsself does not move at all, just the ring. the first is with factory heat gaurd, the second is with the rail and the 3rd you can see how the delta ring leans forward at the top with the rail installed.
Looks like it could be crossthreaded...have you taken it apart to check the threads on the receiver and the ring itself?
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Somethings not fitting properly. It looks like the delta ring isnt seating properly. The top should snap all the way back.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yeah. You definitely have a misalignment with the Delta Ring and the Receiver or something inside isn't lining up correctly. I agree with mjkeat, that top part of the ring should snap all the way back flush.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Somethings not fitting properly. It looks like the delta ring isnt seating properly. The top should snap all the way back.
Thats what i figured to but the way the top rail installs it is not long enough snap into the back, when seated into the front ring that holds it on it is about a quater inch short of begining to reach the delta ring, according to the rail instructions thats how it supose to sit, instead of hooking in like the factory gaurd on the front and back, the surefire rail only hooks on the top front and the bottom back and wedges itself in with 2 screws. theres nothing wrong with the delta ring it is installed right and works the right way with the factory heat shield. below is a drawing of how it hooks in. according to the instructions its on right but i just cant see a $200 dollor rail being so sloppy unless it is supose to fit like that. the top and bottom rails are so short that to put them on i dont have to pull the delta ring back they just drop right on and the you drive 2 screws into the front to wedge them apart to the front and back yet they are the right ones for the rifle.
untitled.jpg  

Last edited by deathkricket; 03-19-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I wonder why they dont want possitive contact on all sides?

Whats the model#, and proper name for the Surefire rail you have?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #10

surefire model M73, rail mount assembly,M4