Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > bumpfire technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a question. I have tried bumpfiring and i cant do it. is there a trick? what is the rubberband tech? any help would be great. what about a hellfire trigger? are they still available

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperranger93 View Post
I have a question. I have tried bumpfiring and i cant do it. is there a trick? what is the rubberband tech? any help would be great. what about a hellfire trigger? are they still available
you dont need to buy that trigger, just grab yourself the rubberband from your morning newspaper. check this video out on youtube it shows you how to use the rubberband and bumpfire from the shoulder.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ&feature=related

Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #13

Thanks Chanc.e! I'm feel enlighted

Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby62 View Post
Thanks Chanc.e! I'm feel enlighted
that wouldn't happen to be you in the video would it?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
So if you did bump fire often, woudl it make more sinse to run a M16 BCG and heavier H buffer?

Pretty sure those are completely LEGAL add ons.
I'm pretty sure that the freedom haters at the BATF have said that M16 parts are in and of themselves machine guns (they have also said that a 14-inch piece of string is a machine gun). So an M16 bolt carrier is out of the question unless your receiver is already registered or you have a registered sear or lightning link (in which case you wouldnt need to bumpfire, you could actually fire full auto)

Old 07-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

So, in light of the Olofson case -- the guy who loaned his AR to a guy, it accidentally double-fired, and the BATFE came down on Olofson like a ton of bricks accusing him of owning a machine gun and tossing his arse in prison for 30 months -- would bump-firing attract undesired attention and possibly land you in prison?

(I'm not saying you should or should not do it. What you do with your stuff on your land is your business.)

Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Bump firing is legal, its only one shot per trigger pull.
the rubber band trick works but ya dont need it if ya learn the regular way.
Long as you got the rifle by your side hold the forearn with one hand and keeping a stiff finger and in the trigger guard push the gun forward while holding your trigger finger stiff.Some people will put there trigger finger thru there belt loop so it wont move forward. Takes pratice...total waste of ammo but fun now and then.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I agree completely it's one shot per trigger pull. But those shots are very, very close together and those most devoid of a moral compass, the lowest-bred, most mentally deranged and intellectually-challenged among us here in New York happen to be in our state legislature. (Hey, what other job could they possibly hold down?) They would instantly and unquestionably regard a bump-fired rifle and a machine gun as exactly the same thing...facts, logic and mechanics be damned.

I sure don't trust the law here not to swoop down on someone who cleared a mag quickly with this technique.