Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bump stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 90 Posts

Does anybody know anything about a bump stock it's suppose to to make your AR automatic with out actually modifying the actual rifle

http://fostechoutdoors.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

slidefire stock. look it up on youtube.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

this first couple links will help.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1277820

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #4

Liked 982 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

My question would be; What is the point?

The way bump fire works is by allowing the firearm to bounce enough to fire the rifle with involuntary or finger movement. To me it would make much more sense to take aimed shots. I do not believe you can watch the front sight, and rear sight, while holding a rifle that is bouncing all over the place. Remember, Front Sight, Rear Sight, Trigger Control? You are giving up all three.

If you are ever in a defensive situation that required automatic weapons fire to defend yourself, you are probably in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then, you would still need to be able to control your bullet placement.

If you just want to spray an area with expensive ammo, go for it. If you feel a need to make a lot of noise, buy firecrackers.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Woody,

The only purpose I see for this stock is just to blow off ammunition and have some fun! As far as an actual purpose I agree with Chainfire! When it comes down to defense there are several things that you need and want that are not going to be accomplished by the pushing and pulling that is required to operate this stock system. That being you want accurate precise shots, keep control of the weapon so you know precisely where they are going and especialy when there are other people in the area. That brings up the point of trying to defend yourself legally using something that is a novelty and defending the lack of precise control of the weapon. Only my thoughts! But if it is for fun and you want to just blow off ammunition and have fun! Go for it!
You only go around once!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 90 Posts

I figured it was for fun I am military so I know about shooting Fully auto and three round burst and the effects it has on your accuracy I just thought it would be an attention getter at the range kinda like hey look what I can do

Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #7

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Itd be fun, I'd play with it a bit. Then figure out that I can't aim with it. So I'd put it away.
Then maybe a year later, I'll pull it out and shoot it, and remember that I can't aim with it, then see how much ammo I'm wasting with it, then put it away.
Then maybe a year later, I'd be putting it out on the forums to sell to someone else.

Its prolly not worth $350 bucks.

It'd be funner to spend that kind of cash on a Geissele SD3G semi auto trigger, that I can prolly fire almost as fast as the gun can cycle. And hit sh*t with. Prolly funner.

But that's just me.