Bump fire - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bump fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
Save your money and put it into a good single stage light trigger.
Then you will have a gun that is accurate at long range and a gun that you can accurately bump fire from a rest out to about 300yds.
How do I know this, I do it all the time I have a Jard single stage trigger in one of my ARs it is about a 2 1/2 # pull and it will bump faster than a full auto.
I can from a rest bump fire 4 & 5 round bursts accurate enough to ring the gongs at 300yds.
It a lot of attention at the range, one time I was bumping at a local public range where full autos were not allowed. When I bumped through a mag full I heard a voice from behind me saying "Is That Gun Full Auto!" when I turned around there was a conservation officer with his hand on his Glock ready to pull it out.
I said "No sir but you can check if you like!" as I held the gun up for him to see.
After the tension of the moment calmed down he explained that they had a complaint & he was just checking it out. We talked things over and he said that it sounded a little fast to be bump firing but after watching me shoot it he could see that was all it was.
I will REALLY be impressed if someone can find a way to do this with the Barrett M107

Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #12

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

I will REALLY be impressed if someone can find a way to do this with the Barrett M107
I'd feel bad for the shoulder of whoever shot it

Old 10-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

whats the cheapest trigger job you can get that will get you in the 3lb pull range? my AK has the g2 trigger and is amazing compared to the stock trigger on my Stag arms model 1. I would be willing to put 100 bucks into my trigger, can't see spending 300 on a trigger tho...

Old 10-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #14

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I learned the hard way, you buy cheap u buy twice, if I had not built that M16A1 clone for my father in law and used the 3-4lb trigger I had here I would have gave it to you for the cost of shipping. I think it was a jard, could have been some thing else. It was OK I guess but they only made the pull light buy using a very light hammer spring and it wasn't reliable (Fail to fire issues). So I put a full power spring in with it and polished the crap out of all the contact points. I would say its a 5-6lb pull with the same travel at a gi trigger but so smooth that the break will come as a surprise. (this can be done with the trigger u have now)

That took lots of time and know how to figure out how to smooth that crappy so called match trigger up.

You will not regret getting a timney drop in. I only wish u were local. If u were I would let you feel the one I have and I bet you would be sold. I like it so much IM putting one in my light weight a2 carbine as well.

If its your only AR just do it right the first time, that way you will not have any regrets.

I just did a very cheap build because I wanted to know the difference in quality that I got when I spent big on my ASA with the 24" barrel. You really will get what u pay for.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse View Post
Full auto fire is illegal in most states...
Huh? Sorry but that's absolutely incorrect.

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WI, & WY all allow ownership of "machine guns." That's 39 out of 50 states leaving 11 that do not allow it. How does 11 out of 50 = most?

As for the bumpfire stocks, The Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 is the only one I've found, so far, that actually works. And it works very well.

A Review of the Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 Bumpfire AR-15 Stock

The Timney Trigger kicks ass but I have not tried bumpfiring with it.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #16

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

With the Timney Trigger, would I want a AR-15 skeletonized trigger or the competition with my M&P Sport?