Bull barrel and quad rail work together?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Bull barrel and quad rail work together?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bull barrel and quad rail work together?

Hi. I was wondering if there is a problem getting a quad rail to fit over the gas block of a bull barrel? I'd especially like if the rail forend extended all the way to the muzzle. Not sure if I can get both measurements exact, but the barrel I am looking at is 20''.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Are you planning on buying a wagon and horse to pull it around? lol.

I'm kidding. Is there a reason you're needing all that rail?

Is it going to be a bench rest gun?

But to ansewr your question the hole for the gas tube will be at the same height, so yes the rail will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #3

It's going to be a rifle length barrel, and I would like to have a bipod, slanted forend grip, and still have plenty of space to add covers. Don't really like the look of rails, and I'd rather just go with a tubular forend, but then I lose all the accessory mounting options. I even saw one 8 rail forend for a rifle length, but that's just overboard. I'd never use all that rail. This will be my long shooter build. Heavy is okay.

As for going to the end of the barrel, I would think it would just be aesthetic. Not sure if there is even a forend that will cover 20'' of barrel, but maybe I can get close?

Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could get something like the Troy TRX Extreme or the Samson Evo. They have rail all along the top that meets up with the picatinny on the receiver, then they have rail sections that can be mounted anywhere along the sides and bottom. I have the Samson, so I know rails can be mounted at a 45 degree on it, not sure on the Troy though.

I'm pretty sure they can both be had in a 15", which is the longest I've seen.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"