Building my AR - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Building my AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreweB
Okay one more problem... I'm trying to order a lower stripped receiver...does it have to be shipped to an FFL dealer?
Yes must be shipped to a FFL. The lower is the "gun" it is the only part that has a serial#

Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #22

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreweB
Okay one more problem... I'm trying to order a lower stripped receiver...does it have to be shipped to an FFL dealer?
Yeah and they charge for the transfer. The average fee I've seen is $25. Plus tax on the lower receiver.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's just a hassle , alright well thanks again guys

Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #24

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Yeah but there are a lot of things online that aren't readily available in person. I don't know about your local gun store but mine does special orders without charge.

Good luck and post pics when it's done.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #25

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Like Purehavoc said, if you see a great PSA sale on something you're going to need later, then you'd better jump on it now. I've missed out on their deals and really kicked myself later when I needed it. On the other hand, I've never been sorry I jumped on a deal if I knew I could use the item later.

As far as stripped lowers, it's a good idea to call around locally. You never know what someone may have in stock. You avoid the transfer fee and can buy it now.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 07-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #26

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreweB View Post
Yes , And they charge what ever they want for the transfer from $5 to $40 is what I have seen from different FFLs. $20-$25 is fair , My guy charges me $5 but I buy ALOT of stuff from him.
Any other item can be shipped directly to your door except the serial numbered lower

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #27

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Like Purehavoc said, if you see a great PSA sale on something you're going to need later, then you'd better jump on it now. I've missed out on their deals and really kicked myself later when I needed it. On the other hand, I've never been sorry I jumped on a deal if I knew I could use the item later.

As far as stripped lowers, it's a good idea to call around locally. You never know what someone may have in stock. You avoid the transfer fee and can buy it now.
Buddy , I think we have all been there at one time or another . I wanted a Calico Jack lower from spikes they had them for $119 and I got the email about 9 pm one evening . Instead of ordering it I waited til morning , Guess what sold out and I have yet to find another for that price and thats been almost 2 years ago.

Another deal I missed back in 1993 full cases of AK 47s " 10 guns per case " for $900 . If I had only known then what I know now , I would have been broke then but very very well off now if I had made that investment . Here's to looking back to the old days

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Supply is building, demand is running out of money or interest. Take your time. Bargains have started.