Building AR15 Brand Suggestions? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Building AR15 Brand Suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Been following aimsurplus.com for Spike's stripped lower. Managed to received 2 email notifications and grabbed a Spike's pirate stripped lower. Then bought a PSA lpk & buffer assembly. Very impressed with PSA's price, quality & shipping. Now i'm still undecided whether i should build another AR or SBR. I'm taking my time slow for which upper i'll be getting or building.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I recommend Bravo Company Parts. As many as possible. They have imo the best Upper, and BCG. REDJACKET Di uppers I hear are good to. And they come with a BCG for under 800.

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #13

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno702 View Post
I recommend Bravo Company Parts. As many as possible. They have imo the best Upper, and BCG. REDJACKET Di uppers I hear are good to. And they come with a BCG for under 800.
I wish Red Jacket sold stripped lowers.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Watched sons of guns last night. Lol. It was a nice lower.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I wouldn't put rock river in a Cadillac section at all. They are midrange IMHO, based on a collection of reviews and their specs.

Cadillac:
Daniel Defense
BCM
LMT
KAC
Noveske
Colt

Best bang for your buck (same specs as the above manufacturers, but not grouped with them due to things unrelated to the product itself):
Spikes (hard to find in stock. Great reputation, they are last years PSA. Newer company just getting established, prices are great)
Palmetto State Armory (this is my upper. They are a smaller company SWAMPED with orders, it may take a while to get parts. They are the new Spikes. High quality, but still new on the big scene and struggling to keep up with demand and It shows if you try to actually get ahold of someone there for CS.)

Bargain: (this will probably piss some people off)
DPMS
Olympic Arms
Most "Bubba guns"

Other manufacturers such as S&W sell a cheap, bargain sport model without the high quality specs, all the way up to very decent rifles.

If you have $1500, there is NO reason not to go with a BCM or Daniel Defense rifle. The other things you have to decide are what type gas system, FSP or Low-Profile gas block with an extended rail, tubular or quad rail (recommend tubular), optics included in the price? If so, scope or red dot sight, any additional furniture. For $1500 you should be able to build a complete rifle of the highest quality parts with a good optic.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Oh, and to with a DI gas system, not a piston. This is a big debate to begin with, but the pros of having the has escape and not foul the chamber and barrel don't come without other cons, such as carrier tilt and a host of other issues. Eugene Stoner was a genius, and the AR platform was meant to be DI. I'd you want a piston system, buy an AK or a M1A.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #17

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
don't come without other cons, such as carrier tilt and a host of other issues. Eugene Stoner was a genius, and the AR platform was meant to be DI. I'd you want a piston system, buy an AK or a M1A.
I agree with most of your post, but the carrier tilt issue has been resolved by the most well known AR piston mfrs (POF, Adams Arms, Ares-bushmaster, Osprey) by including their own proprietary carrier. And the carbon fouling and other gas issues are only a big problem in the teir 3 and lower teir 2 guns. A lot of misinformation on both systems has been put out by people not knowledgeable or having dealt with the bottom of the barrel too long. Quentin, mjkeat, and I debated this issue a while back http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-15-cycling-operation-discussion-35134/

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by fsted2a; 04-12-2012 at 10:54 PM.