Building AR pistol, upper suggestions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Building AR pistol, upper suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Default Building AR pistol, upper suggestions

Guys, I am building an AR pistol currently and looking for a decent priced, yet quality upper. I already have a spikes lower all done just need help on a couple things.

Buffer tube, buffer, spring etc... : I have a spikes buffer and spring, is the pistol version different?

Upper : I'd like to do a 7.5" upper with a free float quad rail. Looking at some YHM complete's that look nice. Any opinions on these or suggestions on other brands?

As always, I greatly appreciate the input and help from the members here.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Powersport,

Here is a picture of my AR Pistol. It has a Rock River Upper with other accessories like the Noveske Flaming Pig Comp, KNS Anti Rotate Hammer and Trigger Pins, Quick Take-down and Pivot Pins, Rock River Arms 2 Stage NM Trigger and other items. Rock River makes a good one or you can have one built. M&A Parts is a good place to locate parts to build one. Good luck! They are great! And fun to shoot!

rra-pistol.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Quentin Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #3

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Now that is NICE, Sniper!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersportgiant View Post
Buffer tube, buffer, spring etc... : I have a spikes buffer and spring, is the pistol version different?
Spike's buffer and spring are the same with regards to their Carbine buffer tube or their pistol buffer tube. The only time these items are not going to be interchangeable is if you get one of those half-size buffer tubes...i forgot who makes them. personally, i say stick to the standard size tubes, springs, and buffers.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
FTF_SPONSOR.png

You will get a lot of flack from people in considering this upper, and I will probably get a lot of flack for posting it (flack, in the sense that it is pretty damn expensive), but here it is...if you are interested...I can do 10% off and throw in a spike's pistol buffer tube if you don't already have one. *ignore the lower attached in the picture

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/complete-upper-assemblies/7-8-uppers/noveske-7-5-diplomat-5-56mm-complete-upper.html

-

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark
You will get a lot of flack from people in considering this upper, and I will probably get a lot of flack for posting it (flack, in the sense that it is pretty damn expensive), but here it is...if you are interested...I can do 10% off and throw in a spike's pistol buffer tube if you don't already have one. *ignore the lower attached in the picture

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/complete-upper-assemblies/7-8-uppers/noveske-7-5-diplomat-5-56mm-complete-upper.html

-
BUDGET, haha. That is a sweet upper, I just want a budget one for this build. Never had an AR pistol so I'm gonna go light. Any deals on more budget friendly uppers?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #7

Nice one Sniper !!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersportgiant View Post
BUDGET, haha. That is a sweet upper, I just want a budget one for this build. Never had an AR pistol so I'm gonna go light. Any deals on more budget friendly uppers?

Sorry, Spike's is about as budget as I have and I am completely out of stock on those.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark

Sorry, Spike's is about as budget as I have and I am completely out of stock on those.
I'd love to get a spikes if I could find one

Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #10

No input on the YHM uppers anyone ?