Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Building an AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/building-ar-86910/)

Jake86 03-19-2013 06:05 AM

So I was putzing around gun broker when I came across a deal on a Noveske stripped lower. I jumped on it, picked it up.

My plans are as follows.
Noveske 14.5" barrel with switchblock
Noveske MUR Vltor upper receiver
Noveske 9" NSR rail
BCM gunfighter charging handle
BCM mod.0 extended flash hider to be welded and pinned.
Young Mfg bolt carrier group
Chip McCormick duty trigger
Troy folding battle sights

I have ordered some of the items, such as a CMMG LPK, The charging handle, and flash hider. I haven't given thought much about want to run for furniture or an optic...

Sniper03 03-19-2013 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jake,

That sounds like a fantastic build! You will have to send us some Pictures when you get it done followed by a Range Report. The Pistol picured below has some other parts you may want to condider and I would highly recomment the KNS Anti Rotate Trigger and Hammer Pins. They will smooth out any trigger. But it also has quick teardown Pivot and Take Down Pins
Noveske makes some good stuff! It is very sad that John was recently killed in that auto crash. I sure hope his wife and he associates keep the business and the good quality parts coming! May he RIP!
Thought I would throw in one of my weapons that has his Flaming Pig on it! Looks BA!

Jake86 03-19-2013 04:55 PM

Pics will be soon to follow once I get back from my work trip. Along with some of my parts that I purchased hopefully...

That pistol is a thing of beauty and I do appreciate that advice. Any tips or advice from anyone is always welcomed. That's one of the reasons I joined. To learn what I didn't know, from those that did...

Jake86 03-26-2013 07:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally picked up the lower from my ffl.

Attachment 92928

AgentTikki 03-28-2013 06:32 AM

Nice parts list, just wondering why you chose a switchblock. Are you planning on running a can (suppressor) on it? If so, why not get a surefire mb556/aac brakeout or blackout/yhm phantom so you can qd a can onto it before pinning and welding a MD on your barrel. Just a thought.

If you aren't gonna run a can, ditch the switchblock for a plain gas block.

LaiePoi 03-28-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake86
Finally picked up the lower from my ffl.

Nice! Hope you got a good deal on it. I been trying to get a noveske gen 2 lower to put on my noveske 14.5 afghan but prices are insane for that lower on GB. The spikes lower its sitting on will have to do for now

Jake86 03-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1193887)
Nice parts list, just wondering why you chose a switchblock. Are you planning on running a can (suppressor) on it? If so, why not get a surefire mb556/aac brakeout or blackout/yhm phantom so you can qd a can onto it before pinning and welding a MD on your barrel. Just a thought.

If you aren't gonna run a can, ditch the switchblock for a plain gas block.

You know, in the beginning I was thinking about running a can. I may opt for 16" barrel instead of the 14.5" I just want that option to be there. What do you guts think?

Jake86 03-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaiePoi (Post 1193910)

Nice! Hope you got a good deal on it. I been trying to get a noveske gen 2 lower to put on my noveske 14.5 afghan but prices are insane for that lower on GB. The spikes lower its sitting on will have to do for now

I paid $325 for the lower (that includes my ffl fee), and $85 for the CMMG lpk..

LaiePoi 03-28-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake86

I paid $325 for the lower (that includes my ffl fee), and $85 for the CMMG lpk..

Wow that was a good deal! I've had the Noveske gen 2 lower on back order for $250 since dec of 2012 but sad to say I will Prob never see it, at that price at least

Jake86 03-28-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaiePoi (Post 1194374)

Wow that was a good deal! I've had the Noveske gen 2 lower on back order for $250 since dec of 2012 but sad to say I will Prob never see it, at that price at least

Yeah, I had to jump on it...