Build your own AR guide
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Build your own AR guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default Build your own AR guide

In the next few weeks I will be doing a series of build your own AR guides. The reasons for building your own are vast, and varied. Most people do so to save money as you do not pay the tax on a completed firearm. Some (myself included) do so to have a rifle built to suit their taste and needs, as well as the satisfaction of being able to say "I built that rifle". The first part of the guide will be on building the lower and will include detailed pics of each step of the process. The second part will be on building a stripped upper.

This thread will be for discussion of the topic as well as questions related to building your own AR. The guide thread willl be locked to keep it free of clutter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 AM   #2

PM sent...

Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #3

If you are going to lock the thread, how do we discuss it?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

BTT. I think this is an excellent idea.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #5

how do you build your own ar 15 over in oz we cannot own any semi auto guns and laws on basic long arms for hunting are very strict can you email a guide on this and even other ways of making guns as im interested in this as a hobby

Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
how do you build your own ar 15 over in oz we cannot own any semi auto guns and laws on basic long arms for hunting are very strict can you email a guide on this and even other ways of making guns as im interested in this as a hobby
There are weapons that are similar to the AR that are pump action. You might be interested in this: http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

I'm not sure what you mag capacity laws look like, but that rifle will accept a standard 30 rd. M16 magazine.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
how do you build your own ar 15
We buy individual components like a lower, lower parts kit, upper, bolt carrier assembly, and stock/buffer and assemble everything. That helps keep costs down.

I have heard of folks bending metal to build their own AK47 receivers, but not an AR15.

Quote:
over in oz we cannot own any semi auto guns and laws on basic long arms for hunting are very strict can you email a guide on this and even other ways of making guns as im interested in this as a hobby
This thread on ar15.com is about an AK build party near where I live. It should have links with info on how they built their rifles, where they got their tools, materials, etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #8

Default good idea

I am intertested in building an AR...lookin forward to reading the guides...Thanx

Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #9

im looking forward to those guides , it would be a great tool to have when i decide to build my match rifle , i've built a few bolt action rifles and there is no better feeling than when someone admires your rifle and you can proudly say that you built it ! cant wait till you get started on those guides thanks

Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #10

Default AR 15 Plans

My son and I are both interested in building an AR . We are waiting.