Build so far - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Build so far

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtRIPPA View Post
So I've been looking at a BCM upper (BCM 16" BFH Mid Length Upper Receiver Group with Daniel Defense Lite12) for my build, but it doesn't come with a BCG or charging handle...

If I decide to go with this upper vs. the Del-Ton upper, I will obviously need to purchase a BCG and charging handle, so I was wondering, based on everyones experiences, who makes a quality yet affordable BCG/charging handle? What sort of things should I look for when shopping for a BCG? Would it be a "drop in" type of installation? Should I just go with the COMPLETE Del-Ton upper or go for the BCM and purchase a BCG/Charging handle?

Thanks again guys

You could get a similarly accessorized upper to the Delton you linked for the same price minus BCG which you can get for just over $100 from DD, BCM, Spikes, or even PSA for $99. For $100 +- I don't understand making do w/ less. And what I feel is even worse is making someone wait 4-6 weeks. The BCM or the Spikes already linked would be much better.

A BCG is drop in.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #42

Awesome, I am nearing a..."finalized vision" of the build now. Thanks again Mj.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #43

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

BCM has a great bcg for a good price. Infact when they do have them in stock they usually sell out in a matter of days. PSA's full auto premium BCG is a great buy too. Don't get caught up the the whole chrome BCG thing. Although they are really easy to clean......

The BCM/Vltor charging handle is the best, I think I saw them on sale for $35 the other day....I have them on all my ARs. Worth the money.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 AM   #44

I found a couple of really awesome deals on a couple BCM uppers but they are sold out. How long does it usually take before they re-establish a good stockpile of products? Also, how difficult is it to switch out the gas blocks? I've heard its a real beotch and I've heard its very easy... I really like the idea of the flip up front sight gas blocks...

Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #45

I also came across this crazy deal on the magpul acs stock, its a kit for $130 sumthin, anyone have any experience with this company? I thought it was a pretty good deal considering the stock itself is nearly $130.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MAG370BLKKIT.aspx

Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #46

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

DSG is good to go.

I've personally bought the same kits you mentioned.

One black acs and one fde.

I didn't like the fde acs it was loose and rattley, but the black one locked up tight. When I called dsg, they were totally cool with me trading it out for a fde ctr and a bcm vltor gunfighter mod 4 charging handle. How's that for customer service.

Oh and fast shipping too.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I get stuff from DSG as well. Their mag deals are good and like Tikki said they ship fast.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #48

Liked 1018 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

I also like DSG. Years ago I got an ArmaLite upper for my first build and many times got small parts, etc. Only one problem, an LPK came with an AR-10 push pin. It was a sealed bag so a problem from ArmaLite, not DSG but they took care of it quick. I'd do business with them any time.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #49

Good to hear, looks like I will be giving them some business, especially since I just found a spikes lower on their site for $85...

So back to my previous question, how long does it take for BCM to get their products back in stock? And when they do get them back in stock do they fly off the shelves?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #50

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

It can take BCM quite some time depending on LEO/.gov contracts they might be filling at the moment. When they do come back in stock you had better jump it it because they go quick, very quick.

-John Ruskin

Quote: