Build Progress - Parts ready for coating
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Build Progress - Parts ready for coating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1037 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default Build Progress - Parts ready for coating

Well I've got the parts that are going out for nickel boron coating broken down as far as I can get them. They will be headed to WMD tomorrow. Then about a 4 week wait..... oh what will I do to fill my time?

image-502759492.jpg

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #2

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Build me one!

Old 06-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Build me one!
Building is addicting! Send me a stack of cash and I'd be more than happy to build one for you. I just have expensive tastes, so no cheap generic parts would be used! The upper, lower and all of their small parts will be nickel boron coated.

The stock I want to use is the Magpul UBR hydro dipped in reaper black.
image-862395445.jpg

With a couple of hydro dipped p-mags
image-918538806.jpg

I will be sending off my pistol grip, Troy flip up backup sights, Burris P.E.P.R Scope base andNikon P-300 scope off to sexyweapon.com to be hydro dipped to match the other parts.

Here's my delima... Do I send off the free float hand guard when it comes in? I ordered a Lancer LCH5 mid length. It is carbon fiber, so it'll look bad ass, but it would also look good if it matched the stock. Here's what it should look like. I am leaning towards coating it.
image-828814108.jpg

What do y'all think? Suggestions please!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner

Building is addicting! Send me a stack of cash and I'd be more than happy to build one for you. I just have expensive tastes, so no cheap generic parts would be used! The upper, lower and all of their small parts will be nickel boron coated.

The stock I want to use is the Magpul UBR hydro dipped in reaper black.

With a couple of hydro dipped p-mags

I will be sending off my pistol grip, Troy flip up backup sights, Burris P.E.P.R Scope base andNikon P-300 scope off to sexyweapon.com to be hydro dipped to match the other parts.

Here's my delima... Do I send off the free float hand guard when it comes in? I ordered a Lancer LCH5 mid length. It is carbon fiber, so it'll look bad ass, but it would also look good if it matched the stock. Here's what it should look like. I am leaning towards coating it.

What do y'all think? Suggestions please!
How much was that stock

Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhellwolf

How much was that stock
Well I have not yet ordered it, but it is hella expensive! $259.00 for regular black UBR stock vs. $329.00 for hydro dipped UBR stock. But i'm not building an uber affordable entry level carbine. I am building my dream gun, so to me it is worth it.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Well I have not yet ordered it, but it is hella expensive! $259.00 for regular black UBR stock vs. $329.00 for hydro dipped UBR stock. But i'm not building an uber affordable entry level carbine. I am building my dream gun, so to me it is worth it.
I know what u mean I am going to save up cause I wanted to do 14.5 with three round and all works Idc I would spend that much on a gun like that

Old 06-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

I know what u mean I am going to save up cause I wanted to do 14.5 with three round and all works Idc I would spend that much on a gun like that
This one will be a 14 1/2" 300 Blackout. To avoid NFA paperwork it will have the muzzle break pinned. I already have the barrel and muzzle break.

image-3155095569.jpg

Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

This one will be a 14 1/2" 300 Blackout. To avoid NFA paperwork it will have the muzzle break pinned. I already have the barrel and muzzle break.
Nice yeah not me I would do NFA on it

Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Nice yeah not me I would do NFA on it
I do not currently possess the patience to wait on the NFA *******s just to save a couple of inches. Besides this one is be built to shoot supersonic rounds not subs so a suppressor was not/is not planned for this build. I am going to do a 10 1/2 inch suppressed 300 build late this year or early next year. For that one I will load sub sonics.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

I do not currently possess the patience to wait on the NFA *******s just to save a couple of inches. Besides this one is be built to shoot supersonic rounds not subs so a suppressor was not/is not planned for this build. I am going to do a 10 1/2 inch suppressed 300 build late this year or early next year. For that one I will load sub sonics.
That's cool will this is my babe I just finish today but I do want to up grade some stuff later
image-1574160378.jpg