Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Build Progress - Parts ready for coating (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/build-progress-parts-ready-coating-92920/)

TexasGunner 06-26-2013 03:54 AM

Build Progress - Parts ready for coating

1 Attachment(s)
Well I've got the parts that are going out for nickel boron coating broken down as far as I can get them. They will be headed to WMD tomorrow. Then about a 4 week wait..... oh what will I do to fill my time?

Attachment 107587

ShagNasty1001 06-26-2013 04:09 AM

Build me one! ;)

TexasGunner 06-26-2013 04:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Build me one! ;)

Building is addicting! Send me a stack of cash and I'd be more than happy to build one for you. I just have expensive tastes, so no cheap generic parts would be used! The upper, lower and all of their small parts will be nickel boron coated.

The stock I want to use is the Magpul UBR hydro dipped in reaper black.
Attachment 107589

With a couple of hydro dipped p-mags
Attachment 107590

I will be sending off my pistol grip, Troy flip up backup sights, Burris P.E.P.R Scope base andNikon P-300 scope off to sexyweapon.com to be hydro dipped to match the other parts.

Here's my delima... Do I send off the free float hand guard when it comes in? I ordered a Lancer LCH5 mid length. It is carbon fiber, so it'll look bad ass, but it would also look good if it matched the stock. Here's what it should look like. I am leaning towards coating it.
Attachment 107591

What do y'all think? Suggestions please!

darkhellwolf 06-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGunner

Building is addicting! Send me a stack of cash and I'd be more than happy to build one for you. I just have expensive tastes, so no cheap generic parts would be used! The upper, lower and all of their small parts will be nickel boron coated.

The stock I want to use is the Magpul UBR hydro dipped in reaper black.

With a couple of hydro dipped p-mags

I will be sending off my pistol grip, Troy flip up backup sights, Burris P.E.P.R Scope base andNikon P-300 scope off to sexyweapon.com to be hydro dipped to match the other parts.

Here's my delima... Do I send off the free float hand guard when it comes in? I ordered a Lancer LCH5 mid length. It is carbon fiber, so it'll look bad ass, but it would also look good if it matched the stock. Here's what it should look like. I am leaning towards coating it.

What do y'all think? Suggestions please!

How much was that stock

TexasGunner 06-26-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhellwolf

How much was that stock

Well I have not yet ordered it, but it is hella expensive! $259.00 for regular black UBR stock vs. $329.00 for hydro dipped UBR stock. But i'm not building an uber affordable entry level carbine. I am building my dream gun, so to me it is worth it.

darkhellwolf 06-27-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Well I have not yet ordered it, but it is hella expensive! $259.00 for regular black UBR stock vs. $329.00 for hydro dipped UBR stock. But i'm not building an uber affordable entry level carbine. I am building my dream gun, so to me it is worth it.

I know what u mean I am going to save up cause I wanted to do 14.5 with three round and all works Idc I would spend that much on a gun like that

TexasGunner 06-27-2013 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I know what u mean I am going to save up cause I wanted to do 14.5 with three round and all works Idc I would spend that much on a gun like that

This one will be a 14 1/2" 300 Blackout. To avoid NFA paperwork it will have the muzzle break pinned. I already have the barrel and muzzle break.

Attachment 107687

darkhellwolf 06-27-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

This one will be a 14 1/2" 300 Blackout. To avoid NFA paperwork it will have the muzzle break pinned. I already have the barrel and muzzle break.

Nice yeah not me I would do NFA on it

TexasGunner 06-27-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Nice yeah not me I would do NFA on it

I do not currently possess the patience to wait on the NFA *******s just to save a couple of inches. Besides this one is be built to shoot supersonic rounds not subs so a suppressor was not/is not planned for this build. I am going to do a 10 1/2 inch suppressed 300 build late this year or early next year. For that one I will load sub sonics.

darkhellwolf 06-27-2013 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I do not currently possess the patience to wait on the NFA *******s just to save a couple of inches. Besides this one is be built to shoot supersonic rounds not subs so a suppressor was not/is not planned for this build. I am going to do a 10 1/2 inch suppressed 300 build late this year or early next year. For that one I will load sub sonics.

That's cool will this is my babe I just finish today but I do want to up grade some stuff later