Build the perfect 300 BLK pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Build the perfect 300 BLK pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts

Default Build the perfect 300 BLK pistol

I am looking looking to build a 300 Blackout Pistol. I want to keep the costs low but not so low that I can't get my money back out of it if I decide to part with it.

I have a PSA lower in the mail.

I am thinking:
CMMG LPK
Magpul grip and AFG
~8" stainless Barrel
YHM - free float carbine length quad rail ~7"
Vltor set screw gas block - May drill and tapper pin
Some form of compensator to direct blast forward

The big question I have right now is wether or not it is worth the additional cost for a left side charging handle upper or not. I could argue it either way. What would you do?

What would you change?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Sig SB15 arm brace & buffer tube for it from KAK Industries.
SSA-E trigger.
Vortex SPARC II optic.

I thought about doing a left side charger when I built my 300 BLK SBR. You will get gassed badly if you ever decide to put a suppressor on it. I decided against it for that reason & the non-standard parts configuration.

I would shoot it first before dropping much $ on a muzzle device. We shot my friend's 8" without a muzzle device & the blast wasn't that bad, 300 BLK is efficient with the shorter length barrels.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts

I don't understand how the side charging handle would effect gas blowing back on the shooter when suppressed. Can you explain?

I understand that if the hole was left open I could see an issue but if you leave the traditional charging handle functional, what is the harm?