budget hbar ar-15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > budget hbar ar-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default budget hbar ar-15

Here goes my second attempt at posting since six hours later my first post still hasn't shown up.

I'm trying to build an ar with a budget of $800. I am using a new bushy stripped lower I'm getting for $50, along with a rock river nm lpk for $130 and a collapsable stock for $40.

For the upper, I want a heavy 16" barrel because I don't like how thin the m4 gets under the handguard. I want a railed gas block so I can use a flip up buis and a flat top on which that I am going to put a 2-7 redfield scope. The cheapest upper i Can find is a del-ton HERE.

Are there better options within my budget? A lot of people keep recommend spikes tactical but I don't see any uppers with that configuration.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi940 View Post
Here goes my second attempt at posting since six hours later my first post still hasn't shown up.

I'm trying to build an ar with a budget of $800. I am using a new bushy stripped lower I'm getting for $50, along with a rock river nm lpk for $130 and a collapsable stock for $40.

For the upper, I want a heavy 16" barrel because I don't like how thin the m4 gets under the handguard. I want a railed gas block so I can use a flip up buis and a flat top on which that I am going to put a 2-7 redfield scope. The cheapest upper i Can find is a del-ton HERE.

Are there better options within my budget? A lot of people keep recommend spikes tactical but I don't see any uppers with that configuration.
check here:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/budget-hbar-ar-15-build-options-29151/

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread