Broken Delta Ring Assembly? Or is this normal?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Broken Delta Ring Assembly? Or is this normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Broken Delta Ring Assembly? Or is this normal?

Purchased my new AR-15 a few weeks ago but I just noticed it looked like my Delta ring assembly and washers were all bent out of shape....Is this normal? I am posting some pics of it to show what I am talking about. Has me a bit worried.

photo.jpg   photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2

Liked 2395 Times on 1401 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Can't really tell from your pictures if the snap ring is fully seated in the groove of the barrel nut. The curvy pieces you see are from the spring, and it is normal for the spring to be wavy.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Can't really tell from your pictures if the snap ring is fully seated in the groove of the barrel nut. The curvy pieces you see are from the spring, and it is normal for the spring to be wavy.
The snap ring is a bit uneven. It leans and is not flush. Not sure if you understand what I mean when I say that. But if you look sideways at the picture you can see the bottom part of the snap ring looks like its in there and the top looks like its out more.

Also, am I able to use a punch and just snap it back in? Or does the entire assembly need to be removed?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #4

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

It's probably all right. Go back where you bought it and look at other ARs on the shelf to compare.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2987 Times on 1556 Posts
Likes Given: 277

That spring is supposed to look like that.

delta-ring-assemply.jpg  

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball