Brand new 2012 S&W M&P Magpul Mid-length - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Brand new 2012 S&W M&P Magpul Mid-length

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 226
Default

I like the way they first were sold with the really good stuff installed.
It's the one on the left.

__________________
rifleshooter474 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
I like the way they first were sold with the really good stuff installed.
It's the one on the left.
Really good stuff like the CAA stock?
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Really good stuff like the CAA stock?
You are wrong it's not a CAA stock. And thank God they were not using the Magpul junk then for anything.
__________________
rifleshooter474 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
You are wrong it's not a CAA stock. And thank God they were not using the Magpul junk then for anything.
Does that not say CAA on the cheek rest attached to the OE stock? Is it not your rifle? I'd think you would know what was on your rifle.

Yeah, thank God there's no Magpul junk on your(?) AR. Just think if it did you wouldn't be able to use that quality CAA merchandise.

Who makes that recoil pad?
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Does that not say CAA on the cheek rest attached to the OE stock? Is it not your rifle? I'd think you would know what was on your rifle.

Yeah, thank God there's no Magpul junk on your(?) AR. Just think if it did you wouldn't be able to use that quality CAA merchandise.

Who makes that recoil pad?
I cut it off a shotgun slip on aftermarket pad.

Yes it's CAA cheek rest but the stock is not CAA you just can't tell what you are seeing can you?
__________________

Last edited by rifleshooter474; 02-05-2012 at 06:55 PM.
rifleshooter474 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
I cut it off a shotgun slip on aftermarket pad.

Yes it's CAA cheek rest but the stock is not CAA you just can't tell what you are seeing can you?
My description seems to have been dead on so it appears I knew exactly what I was looking at.

I don't know what your problem is, (attitude, comprehension problem) , but you can relax.

If you don't understand or know something and need to ask, just ask. We're here to help. Acting like you know and getting an attitude doesn't help anyone.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
My description seems to have been dead on so it appears I knew exactly what I was looking at.

I don't know what your problem is, (attitude, comprehension problem) , but you can relax.

If you don't understand or know something and need to ask, just ask. We're here to help. Acting like you know and getting an attitude doesn't help anyone.
The stock is NOT made by CAA maybe you just don't understand printed English. The cheek rest is a after market item I added, it works very well I might add.
All the hardware attached to the S&W was Mfg.ed by TROY the hand grip is a Tango Down.
Also the early S&W AR-15s used Mossberg Mfg.ed bbls, S&W bought a Company and now Mfg.s there own bbl.s.
Hope this makes for a better understanding for you.
__________________
rifleshooter474 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Does that not say CAA on the cheek rest attached to the OE stock? Is it not your rifle? I'd think you would know what was on your rifle.

Yeah, thank God there's no Magpul junk on your(?) AR. Just think if it did you wouldn't be able to use that quality CAA merchandise.

Who makes that recoil pad?
^My earlier post detailing that I do understand it is a CAA cheek rest on an OE stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
I cut it off a shotgun slip on aftermarket pad.Yes it's CAA cheek rest but the stock is not CAA you just can't tell what you are seeing can you?
In bold is your response to a portion of my above post which shows you read my post therefore the chances that you also read the first part of that same post are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
The stock is NOT made by CAA maybe you just don't understand printed English. The cheek rest is a after market item I added, it works very well I might add.
All the hardware attached to the S&W was Mfg.ed by TROY the hand grip is a Tango Down.
Also the early S&W AR-15s used Mossberg Mfg.ed bbls, S&W bought a Company and now Mfg.s there own bbl.s.
Hope this makes for a better understanding for you.
Re read my posts. Like I stated you had already read them at least once yet have failed to grasp that I am aware of the contraptions you have bolted onto your AR. It appears you are having the problem understanding.

Like I said I don't understand where your attitude is coming from but you're doing yourself a disfavor by letting your attitude get in the way of learning.

You're talking crap about Magpul which is excepted as quality throughout the firearms world all while sporting a CAA cheek rest. Do you see the problem?

May I ask your age and background w/ firearms?

We're here to help
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 226
Default

You're talking crap about Magpul which is excepted as quality throughout the firearms world all while sporting a CAA cheek rest. Do you see the problem?

May I ask your age and background w/ firearms?

We're here to help[/QUOTE]

Magpul Mfgs cheap non metal Mags and a lot of non metal junk for the mass's Their Mags have no metal feed lips, I won't use them.
FNSCAR owners are now finding out that Magpul Mags can cause real problems with their bolt timing thus causing damage to the bolt lugs.

As for the rest of your questions all I can say is I don't go to American Veteran Funerals with stupid Un American Church's, and chant God hates them and is glad they died.
As many in your state of Kansas have and are doing.

__________________
rifleshooter474 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
You're talking crap about Magpul which is excepted as quality throughout the firearms world all while sporting a CAA cheek rest. Do you see the problem?

May I ask your age and background w/ firearms?

We're here to help
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
Magpul Mfgs cheap non metal Mags and a lot of non metal junk for the mass's Their Mags have no metal feed lips, I won't use them.
FNSCAR owners are now finding out that Magpul Mags can cause real problems with their bolt timing thus causing damage to the bolt lugs.

As for the rest of your questions all I can say is I don't go to American Veteran Funerals with stupid Un American Church's, and chant God hates them and is glad they died.
As many in your state of Kansas have and are doing.
Youre inexperience is quite apperant. Do you not know how many people use Magpul equipment, from their stocks to their mags and beyond? Glance at pictures of deployed soldiers, what do you see, Magpul? Yep.

What's your last paragraph have to do w/ my question? Seems like everytime I ask a question about your shooting background you come up w/ some off the wall comment or simply ignore me. If you're embarrassed don't be, please. Just ask and there are a couple of guys here that would be happy to bring you up to speed. I'd rather know than to play stupid or tough guy in order to avoid answering someones question.

What's un American about the freedom of speech?

It really sounds like you're avoiding my questions w/ your off the wall stuff.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Magpul b.a.d. mtdisme AR-15 Discussion 8 11-23-2011 12:24 AM
a bull barrel kit with magpul grips and magpul stock...is it possible? coyotetracker AR-15 Discussion 0 05-08-2010 04:21 PM
AR-15 Carbine Length Handguard on Full Length Barrel hopps402 Gunsmithing Forum 9 03-03-2010 03:54 PM
Mid-length/carbine length conversion AKCoastie89 AR-15 Discussion 2 11-08-2009 11:31 PM
Magpul FMG-9 cljensen86 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 3 12-28-2008 01:09 AM



Newest Threads