bolt catch detent pin
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > bolt catch detent pin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bolt catch detent pin

i was helping my cousin build his first lower and we hit a snag. did the classic open the bag and $#!* went everywhere... we managed to find everything except you guessed it the bolt catch detent pin. Is there somewhere you can go online or other wish and get things like that? you know just a dentet pin here or a spring there? or is my googlefu not up to par?

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

A detent on the bolt catch? I think you are looking for the bolt catch roll pin. Try Rifle gear.

RifleGear - Lower Receiver Parts

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes that would be it that you sir sorry for the incorrect name. thats what im lookin for tho thanks joe

too bad it will cost more to ship it then it costs. looks like it will have to wait untill he finds something else he wants!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Last edited by mach1337; 10-31-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
i was helping my cousin build his first lower and we hit a snag. did the classic open the bag and $#!* went everywhere... we managed to find everything except you guessed it the bolt catch detent pin. Is there somewhere you can go online or other wish and get things like that? you know just a dentet pin here or a spring there? or is my googlefu not up to par?

AR15 Lower Receiver Parts at Impact Guns Home

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 AM   #5

I had to do a one part order after losing my takedown pin detent. I just ordered extra stuff justifying it as "free shipping"

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 10-31-2010, 05:10 AM   #6

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

DSG Arms is a good source of parts. As mentioned above, it makes sense to buy spares of critical parts to help offset shipping cost. Actually having a spare LPK and bolt parts isn't a bad idea.

Lower Receiver Parts

Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #7

You may want to suggest one of these to your friend. If he did a standard trigger this 10 bucks is imo well worth it. I went back later and did this upgrade.

RifleGear - JP Reduced Power Spring Kit

Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It's a roll pin. Go buy one--it will probably be too long--cut it to length and
knock it in.

Tractor Supply, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace? An outfit called "Hillman" has hardware selections in a number of stores. You can buy one rollpin.