Bolt carriers , Which one would you choose ? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bolt carriers , Which one would you choose ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post

What did you mean by losing liberty? Do you think putting an M16 bolt in could get me thrown in the hoosegow?
My mentality behind the statement is that every time some lawmaker restricts what we can put on our firearms, we lose liberty. Most of us don't really need a bayonnette lug on our AR, and I have yet to hear of a bayonnette being used on a firearm in a crime, but the fact that in certain states you CAN'T have it on your gun is a loss of liberty.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
If you ever think about buying a spare BCG, you can specify the AR-15 or M16 version LMTs at BCM. They tend to be $10 less than the BCM model, too.
Just make sure you check the laws in your area. You mentioned CA compliant, so if you live in CA, it may not be legal to have an M16 carrier. We all want to stay legal.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #43
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

Just make sure you check the laws in your area. You mentioned CA compliant, so if you live in CA, it may not be legal to have an M16 carrier. We all want to stay legal.
I don't understand why it wouldn't be legal, because it's not going to make it full auto, just don't put a full auto trigger assembly in.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I don't understand why it wouldn't be legal, because it's not going to make it full auto, just don't put a full auto trigger assembly in.
I am not sure of the laws in whatever state you are in. States can add to, but not take away from, federal laws. Talk to your LGS, they should know. Common sense is not always common. Most of the restrictions on the Clinton semiautomatic gun ban of '94 had little relevance to what was being used to commit homicides at the time. Examples of what was outlawed: adjustable buttstocks, bayonnette lugs, flash hiders. There may not actually be any restrictions on the bolt carrier in your state- I am just suggesting you find out for sure before buying a M16 carrier, only to find out at a later date it is illegal where you are. That is a hundred plus bucks you could be spending for more ammo or other goodies. Never hurts to know the gun laws in your area anyway.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

I am not sure of the laws in whatever state you are in. States can add to, but not take away from, federal laws. Talk to your LGS, they should know. Common sense is not always common. Most of the restrictions on the Clinton semiautomatic gun ban of '94 had little relevance to what was being used to commit homicides at the time. Examples of what was outlawed: adjustable buttstocks, bayonnette lugs, flash hiders. There may not actually be any restrictions on the bolt carrier in your state- I am just suggesting you find out for sure before buying a M16 carrier, only to find out at a later date it is illegal where you are. That is a hundred plus bucks you could be spending for more ammo or other goodies. Never hurts to know the gun laws in your area anyway.
I live in MA, I can buy a complete m16, only restriction on that is do I have 15k.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #46

Liked 1150 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2041

Quote:
I live in MA, I can buy a complete m16, only restriction on that is do I have 15k.
and dont forget the $200 tax stamp

Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
and dont forget the $200 tax stamp
Plus another 20k that you spend on ammo each day. They should change the "full" on the receiver to say FUN!!!!!!

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #48

Liked 1150 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2041

Quote:
Plus another 20k that you spend on ammo each day. They should change the "full" on the receiver to say FUN!!!!!!
True , We dont call it the fun lever for nothing

Old 09-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Guys, i have decided to sell my Unmarked DD BCG. I have no use of it and i prefer to use my old marked DD BCG.
It's NEW and i can provide receipt showing it's DD's.

$150 shipped by Priority Mail. Check or Money order only.
PM me if anyone interested, thank you.

I will be listing it on other online sites 1 week from this post.