Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Black rain?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Black rain?

I'm thinking of building a higher end ar and am considering doing a lack rain lower anyone of their cool twisted barrels... Are they nice or just look cool?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchjonbeep
I'm thinking of building a higher end ar and am considering doing a lack rain lower anyone of their cool twisted barrels... Are they nice or just look cool?
For the money, you can do much better. I'd recommend Noveske for that money. Bravo Company for a little less. Palmetto State Armory for much less. All are good quality. I don't know much about Black Rain other than they are expensive.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk

For the money, you can do much better. I'd recommend Noveske for that money. Bravo Company for a little less. Palmetto State Armory for much less. All are good quality. I don't know much about Black Rain other than they are expensive.
Money isn't really an issue for me since I'm going to take my sweet time building this weapon and want it to be all the best parts, how do you feel about the chainsaws? Are they actual flawed or just like scratches?

Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 221 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchjonbeep View Post
Black Rain makes good stuff. It's expensive, and a little blingy/showy for my own tastes. I'll always take low-profile quality over 'look at me' equipment. But that doesn't change the fact that BRO offers a quality product from what I've seen.

A friend of mine has one. It's a good, well-designed gun with quality specs and higher end (trendy) finishes on many parts.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

BRO is pricey and a fairly new company from what I understand. Their items are blingy but the best I can tell seem to be a quality product. Bling sells.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com