Black Hole Weaponry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Black Hole Weaponry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 602 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Torque wrench is the key to building an upper. You can get a cheap one at harbor freight. Also some auto parts stores loan tools like this. Something to think about if your only going to need it once. Make sure it fits your barrel nut wrench, some are 1/2", some are 3/8". Mine has both size square holes.

PS if you are going free float handguard make sure that nut fits your wrench, and they both connect to the torque wrench. A lot of free floats need a special (+$) wrench....

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 01-05-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #12

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2022 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 6044

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
.... but never tried to build an upper but thats about to change
.... Today I ordered a 264 LBC-AR 20" SS barrel in black with target crown from Black Hole Weaponry which says has a 10 to 12 week lead time thought they have already sucked the money out of my account.
...... If anyone has spare parts to donate to the project let me know.
I am happy with my BlackHoleWeaponry 7", the build when well.
The Surplus Ammo And Arms Bolt headspaced properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
. Torque wrench is the key to building an upper
.... Make sure it fits your barrel nut wrench, some are 1/2", some are 3/8". . Mine has both size square holes.
.....A lot of free floats need a special (+$) wrench....
I think the money spent on the AR wrench is well spent. BRD may hit. Friends may want to borrow/trade.

I used my woodworking vise, Philippine Mahogany faced, without any special AR-15 blocks, clamps, vise or such. Torquing the barrel nut went well. I used the DPMS wrench and one of my existing torque wrenches.

The vice has a big surface area and provides plenty of support.

Last edited by KG7IL; 01-05-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Ok I received my BHW barrel yesterday and thought I finally had everything I needed to finish my 264 LBC rifle but noooooooo. When I ordered the barrel back on 12/3/13 I was told I needed a type 2 bolt which I ordered from Tactical Ammunition. When I got the barrel it's marked type 1 so I got on the BHW forum and contacted one of their Pro Staff and was told they had gone to type 1 chambers several months ago. GREAT! I was advised to contact T.W. and ask to exchange the bolt. I did yerserday and am waiting for a reply. The guy said if I had a problem PM him and he would take care of it. I think the 2 companies are connected as they are located only a few house #'s apart. We'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app
1394814315777.jpg   1394814335387.jpg   1394814352843.jpg  

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis