Black Hole Weaponry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Black Hole Weaponry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Black Hole Weaponry

Does any have any input on Black Hole Weaponry barrels. I'm thinking about ordering one of their 20 inch heavy barrels in 264 LBC-AR with the polygon rifling instead of 6.5 Grendel. They list them at around $360 with a 10 to 12 week lead time.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #2

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I read of lots of guys really like them on other ar forums. Did you check at surplusammo for a barrel. They seems to stock many of them. Even giving a stripped aero precision upper receiver with some.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I read of lots of guys really like them on other ar forums. Did you check at surplusammo for a barrel. They seems to stock many of them. Even giving a stripped aero precision upper receiver with some.
Yeah I did check surplusammo but couldn't find the barrel I wanted. I may source some other parts there. Thanks.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #4

I see J&T has some ss with bolts 20" 22", ?? Good luck
http://jtdistributing.net/store/product1276.html

Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thanks. I do like the idea that the bolt comes with it and I assume the head space has been checked. I'll keep them in mind.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok I have put together several lowers but never tried to build an upper but thats about to change. Its going to take me a while to collect all the parts I need because of other projects I have going on but at least I got started. I already had a lower and parts kit. I also have a M4 collapsible stock but don't think I'll use it on this build. If I don't change my mind I'll be using a Magpul CRT with added raised cheek rest. Today I ordered a 264 LBC-AR 20" SS barrel in black with target crown from Black Hole Weaponry which says has a 10 to 12 week lead time thought they have already sucked the money out of my account. I also ordered a 264 LBC-AR type 2 bolt from Tactical Ammunition. I bought a upper receiver vice clamp and a AR combination wrench off ebay so thats on the way. I'll wait to buy the other stuff till I get the barrel and bolt unless I run up on some good deals. I'll keep a check on the deals, deals deals post on here and other wise I'll use my dealer discount at Brownells for the rest. Wish me luck. If anyone has spare parts to donate to the project let me know. lol.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
This may be a stupid question but what is "ss"

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaynebb View Post

This may be a stupid question but what is "ss"
Valid question not stupid - Stainless Steel

Work Hard Play Hard

Last edited by BigBizz87; 01-02-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #9

You got it. Thanks

Old 01-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #10

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hopefully you got a decent wrench, the cheapies can break pins or teeth on barrel nut if heavy torque is required. I just built a .300 blackout using a Rainier barrel (black hole weaponry) and it is a tight shooter, the barrel also is dimpled for the gasblock screw and mine lined up perfect. Good luck in your project, once the nut is torqued the rest is a pice of cake.