Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bison Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Bison Armory

Has anyone dealt with them? I looked at the 6.8 forum and they seemed good by the way people talked in the few posts I searched but nothing specifically on them. Does anyone hear know someone who has or has shot one, and if so, how are they?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

I don't have a 6.8 from Bison Armory, I chose a 6.8 from Noveske. However, I know plenty of people that do. Ben, the owner, is based out of Bellingham, Wa and is a great guy. His rifles have consistently been MOA out of the box. I haven't heard of a negative experience from anybody dealing with him. Like other smaller gun shops, lead time on orders vary depending on the volume of orders and supply stocking. When it comes to the 6.8 SPC ARs, 3 places stand out...Bison Armory, AR Performance, and Noveske. All three have excellent customer service and use the latest SPC II specs.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkeith
I don't have a 6.8 from Bison Armory, I chose a 6.8 from Noveske. However, I know plenty of people that do. Ben, the owner, is based out of Bellingham, Wa and is a great guy. His rifles have consistently been MOA out of the box. I haven't heard of a negative experience from anybody dealing with him. Like other smaller gun shops, lead time on orders vary depending on the volume of orders and supply stocking. When it comes to the 6.8 SPC ARs, 3 places stand out...Bison Armory, AR Performance, and Noveske. All three have excellent customer service and use the latest SPC II specs.
Those were the 3 names that I saw on the 6.8 forum but I haven't has a chance to look at Noveske yet. How much are they compared to the Bison?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #4

I built my own lower on an Aero Precision lower, and bought my upper from Noveske. Comparing the price of uppers between the three all depends on what you want. With similar features, the Noveske upper was about $300 more than ARP or Bison. However, keep in mind that Noveske is more established than AR Performance and Bison Armory, and have a great reputation behind them. A good portion of that is reflected in the cost of their ARs, parts, and accessories.

ARP and Bison have online stores where you can choose the different options and features you want. Once you add them to the "Cart" it'll show you the price so you can compare everything yourself. It's been a couple of years since I bought my upper, so I'm sure prices and features have changed.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #5

The Noveske is a little out of my price range haha I think I'm going to end up getting the Bison, I have it set to how I want it and it's still under budget. The one other question I have is the staked carrier, what's the difference whether it is staked or not? I'm gonna be using this rifle to hunt with if that makes a difference or not