Best red dot for the money - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best red dot for the money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6724 Times on 3580 Posts
Likes Given: 504

My sparc has been on 22lr 5.56nato 458socom 458 winchester magnum and is currently on my saiga 12 shotgun. It doesnt lose zero. The only issue with vortex and most lower end rds can be finding batteries for them.

But vortex sparc and strikefire are just worth every penny. Great company if you need support. Its a wisconsin based company. They are currently ending their adverising in recoil magazine due to recoil's crazed antigun rant one of the editor's went on claiming there was no need for "assault rifles". They are a very very strong supporter of the 2Amendment
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 AM   #12

Liked 4688 Times on 2335 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
My sparc has been on 22lr 5.56nato 458socom 458 winchester magnum and is currently on my saiga 12 shotgun. It doesnt lose zero. The only issue with vortex and most lower end rds can be finding batteries for them.

But vortex sparc and strikefire are just worth every penny. Great company if you need support. Its a wisconsin based company. They are currently ending their adverising in recoil magazine due to recoil's crazed antigun rant one of the editor's went on claiming there was no need for "assault rifles". They are a very very strong supporter of the 2Amendment
I read that article about 3 days ago and said to myself 'wtf?'. Later that day my roommate casually mentioned that Magpul was not doing business with Recoil because of that article. I had to laugh. Glad to see other companies stepping up!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7581 Times on 4172 Posts
Likes Given: 7328

If the dot covering a part of the target affects your shooting, you really should consider an ACOG.

They're pricey, no doubt.

But after the first one, I started saving for another, and now I have them on three rifles. I sold two guns to buy the third one. That's how much I like them.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 09-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #14

Liked 140 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Nikon has a Monarch VSD that dials down to a 1MOA with 11 brightness settings.
Nikon Monarch VSD
I have a couple. One on a Beretta PCC and one on a H&R "survival" rifle.
Shop around and you can find them for $150. Pretty good for the cost when you don't wanna spend big bucks imo.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7581 Times on 4172 Posts
Likes Given: 7328

SIG-SAUR has one for ~ $200. Haven't heard much about it, but I tend to trust the SIG name.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 09-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #16
hmh

Liked 181 Times on 123 Posts

I had i monarch vsd. Let me preface it by saying I love nikon glass I have several binoculars and scopes. Vsd is junk i had one every time I changed the size of the dot it would throw my bullet strikes off .25 to .5 at 25 yards that is not acceptable. I contacted nikon they sent it to them had it repaced twice all 3 had the same problem. Finally nikon said it is within there specs no refunds so all of the shipping and cost of sight I was pissed. I will never buy another nikon. Stay away from sightmark. Another headache for another time.