best red dot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > best red dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default best red dot

I want to buy a new red dot. the TRUGLO i have just doesnt seem very good. I want the best one i can get for around $250.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #2

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I think two really good options would be the Vortex Strikefire ($150), but a different style is the Burris Fastfire II on the AR-F3 mount ($290).

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Just want to follow this and see what becomes of it. I'm interested in the same thing. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #4

right now im leaning towards the vortex, but i might just pull the trigger on an eotech

Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #5

Yes, the Vortex Strikefire is a good choice, but IMO a better choice would be the Vortex Sparc. Because of it's size, there is enough room to mount a 2x or 3x magnifying behind it. The Strikefire is just a bit too long for a magnifier.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5668 Times on 2960 Posts
Likes Given: 375

ive got a vortex strikefire red/green and a vortex sparc. both of them hold zero through the pounding my 458 socom can dish out. excellent optics for a sub 200$ price. ~150$ will get you a red/green dot strikefire with mount and lens covers and 2x doubler. ~189$ will get you a red dot only sparc which is very small with three different mount height options and 2x doubler. the strikefire is a 4moa dot the sparc is a 2moa dot.

vortex has a no questions no bs lifetime warranty regardless of how many owners. if it breaks send it back they will fix it or replace it. vortex is a wisconsin optics company but their dot scopes are made over seas but they are vortex designs and they do support their products.

here is a size comparison the sparc is the one not attached to my M&P

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #7

hmmmmmm that seems like a good deal. where should i order it? I found a deal on an EOtech 512 for $389! i think ill wait until i build my top of the line AR for that.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #8

well about to put the order in for the SPARC. does it come with the High mounts so i can co-witness?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm a big fan of Aimpoint micros (purchased my 3rd tonight). I also like the small EoTechs like the XPS and the newer model. Third would be the Primary Arms micro. The PA runs around $100 or $178 w/ ADM mount (great mount).

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #10

its actually on sale for $158 right now!