Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best place To buy 6.8 barrels?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fireman1296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Show me one single instance where I claimed to know it all.

How many people in this thread said the same thing I did? Thconsensusus was that the extra 50 fps is not worth the cons produces by the extra length. The fact that the two most well know manufacturers of 6.8 don't offer it on their site.

I asked a simple question as to the popularity of the 16" 6.8 barrel. I don't care that you called us all names. It's going to happen when people ask questions and don't care to hear the answers. It's a public forum and humans winstinctivelyivly share their opinions.
Well you proved that you don't know it all, ARP and Bison both offer a 20. As a matter of fact Bison offers two different profiles of the 20. And what con is there to a 20 over a 16? Weight? It doesn't matter to me if the rifle weighs 20lbs. I'm not trekking Texas with it lol. I'm looking for maximum range and fps. If I choose to find somebody that will build a 24 barrel it shouldn't matter to you. If you choose to go only with carbine length rifles that's your choice and I'm not going to criticize or question your choice. I simply asked who makes a good barrel other than ARP. I like there barrels and wanted one from them but they simply are so behind I'm not sure when they will catch up. Right now they aren't offering ANY barrel on there website they are so far behind. And as for the names, that wasn't directed at anybody but you.
__________________
fireman1296 is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fireman1296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

As for everybody else I appreciate the thoughts. I'm not sure who suggested Bison first but thank you. They were a good choice.

__________________
fireman1296 is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1296 View Post
Well you proved that you don't know it all, ARP and Bison both offer a 20. As a matter of fact Bison offers two different profiles of the 20. And what con is there to a 20 over a 16? Weight? It doesn't matter to me if the rifle weighs 20lbs. I'm not trekking Texas with it lol. I'm looking for maximum range and fps. If I choose to find somebody that will build a 24 barrel it shouldn't matter to you. If you choose to go only with carbine length rifles that's your choice and I'm not going to criticize or question your choice. I simply asked who makes a good barrel other than ARP. I like there barrels and wanted one from them but they simply are so behind I'm not sure when they will catch up. Right now they aren't offering ANY barrel on there website they are so far behind. And as for the names, that wasn't directed at anybody but you.

If weight is the only difference you can imagine then I guess you'll be fine.

Did I criticize your choice or did I say there was no real advantage and the cons outweighed the pros?
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fireman1296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

If weight is the only difference you can imagine then I guess you'll be fine.

Did I criticize your choice or did I say there was no real advantage and the cons outweighed the pros?
You should open up a machine shop and call it "16's only" lol. I've got enough carbines. I'm gonna broaden my horizons but thanks for your impute.
__________________
fireman1296 is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1296 View Post
You should open up a machine shop and call it "16's only" lol. I've got enough carbines. I'm gonna broaden my horizons but thanks for your impute.
When did I criticize your desire for a 20"? I stated fact that was quickly repeated by multiple people in this thread.

When did I ever state a preference one way or the other regarding barrel length? In fact out of the multiple ARs I own none of them have 16" barrels. In fact not a single firearm I own has a 16" barrel.

If you're going to criticize know the facts.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fireman1296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

When did I criticize your desire for a 20"? I stated fact that was quickly repeated by multiple people in this thread.

When did I ever state a preference one way or the other regarding barrel length? In fact out of the multiple ARs I own none of them have 16" barrels. In fact not a single firearm I own has a 16" barrel.

If you're going to criticize know the facts.
How are you going to talk me into a 16 when you don't even own one lol? Dude you are something else... From now own I'll just IM you when I need some advice. No more looking at these threads for me lol
__________________
fireman1296 is offline  
 
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 16,929
Liked 5119 Times on 2665 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default

This has devolved into infighting.

OP please repost if the answers in this thread arent sufficient.

Infighting will not be allowed to continue.

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Best place tenntyrant Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 6 01-31-2012 12:49 AM
Anyone know anything about this place ? purehavoc AR-15 Discussion 2 12-28-2011 08:33 PM
Best place to get a SKS Boyerracing343 AK & SKS Discussion 1 02-06-2011 04:19 AM
Short Barrels/Long Barrels,I can't make up my mind ninjatoth Revolver Handguns 9 10-23-2009 07:59 AM
Now here is a place I want to go eat at. cpttango30 The Club House 11 02-23-2009 03:10 PM