Best bet in finding lowers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best bet in finding lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Best bet in finding lowers

Need help fined two lowers with ssn number looking for some thing nice I want to build it for my dad and me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #2

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

I wouldn't use your SSN as a serial #!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2558 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 1286

Wolf,

As Quentin stated! NOT A GOOD IDEA! In my opinion, how about a Family Crest on the side of the Receiver Mag Well area. When I retired from the Metro PD I was presented an AR-15 Rifle since I also had been with the Weapons Manufacturer part time a year and a half prior to retiring from the PD. The AR had our Metro (LA Type) Police Badge Lasered on the side of the Mag Well of the Receiver. Looks "Sharp"! Have it hanging in my office today. Just an Idea!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

ScottA Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yes keep your personal information hidden from view and don't share it with anyone unless you have to. Like getting a loan or acquiring a credit card. Sharing or displaying your social security number sets you up for identity theft which in some cases takes years to clear out. Would you like to deal with the headaches of trying to clear your name if someone used to identity to commit a crime or opened a line of credit and spent 100 grand in your name? Hide it!

As for you request...I remember seeing a company that will engrave a custom serial number and anything else you wanted on your receivers both lower and upper. I'll try and dig it up for you. I know VaderSpade does it. Google him he's very experienced and also a great resources for a lot of do it yourself information!

Last edited by AgentTikki; 06-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhellwolf View Post
Need help fined two lowers with ssn number looking for some thing nice I want to build it for my dad and me
I'm not sure if the "SSN" was a typo or what...but lousy idea.

Anyway, if you want a higher grade semi-custom stripped lower, check out Quentin Defense's billet lowers. Price and quality are excellent in my opinion.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Sequential serial numbers

Xx123, xx124

Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #7

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

/facepalm

mental note....stop using acronyms.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #8

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Good grief, another WOT

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just curious why you would want your serial #s to be sequential? It's one thing to be OCD about certain things but we're venturing into Rain Man territory now.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Nothing wrong with sequential SN's. Try the Arms Room in Orlando, FL. They usually have Spikes Tactical lowers in stock.