Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best bang for the buck on 223 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Nothing wrong with wolf. I pulled a 3 shot, 3/8" group at 100 yards with 62gr during a precision rifle class.

I've had nothing but trouble with tula. It kept sticking in the chamber of my DPMS A2 carbine, and the extractor would rip the rim off. Chamber was squeaky clean. Stuff got stuck in my buddies White Oak chamber too.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #12

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

IMI as good as it gets. IMHO. (NOT REALLY FOR PLINKING THOUGH IT CAN BE)

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Nothing wrong with wolf?. I pulled a 3 shot, 3/8" group at 100 yards with 62gr during a precision rifle class.

I've had nothing but trouble with tula. It kept sticking in the chamber of my DPMS A2 carbine, and the extractor would rip the rim off. Chamber was squeaky clean. Stuff got stuck in my buddies White Oak chamber too.
I gotta differ. Wolf 62 grain FMJ .223 is the only cartridge I've had trouble with in my ARs. It caused my BCM middy to s

Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Nothing wrong with wolf. I pulled a 3 shot, 3/8" group at 100 yards with 62gr during a precision rifle class.

Did you go/no go the chambers?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Nothing wrong with wolf?. I pulled a 3 shot, 3/8" group at 100 yards with 62gr during a precision rifle class.

I gotta differ. Wolf 62 grain FMJ .223 is the only cartridge I've had trouble with in my ARs. It caused my BCM middy to short stroke quite A bit.

I gave the gun a good a good cleaning and changed lubes to a much lighter regimine and it did help, but still failed to go into full battery a few times during rapid fire.

BUT, Why buy wolf, when there is decent mil-surp brass cased ammo on sale everywhere??

AIM, Surplus Arms and Ammo are the main two spots.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I reload. That said, the ground here is covered with deep snow all winter. I just hate to donate brass to mother earth. My winter .223s are Herters. They were down to $3.99 the last time I was down to Provo,Ut.

DK

Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I gotta differ. Wolf 62 grain FMJ .223 is the only cartridge I've had trouble with in my ARs. It caused my BCM middy to short stroke quite A bit.

I gave the gun a good a good cleaning and changed lubes to a much lighter regimine and it did help, but still failed to go into full battery a few times during rapid fire.

BUT, Why buy wolf, when there is decent mil-surp brass cased ammo on sale everywhere??

AIM, Surplus Arms and Ammo are the main two spots.
I would rather spen $179 a case than roughly $300. Well honestly Id rather spend $300 on bras ammo but financially the $179 a case is more attractive. I just ran through a case of ammo just shy of $400. I will admit its more fun shooting the cheap stuff. Im not going $.40, $.40 $.40, everytime I pull the trigger. $12 every half minute gets expensive and makes for a short day.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The prices at the bulk ammo places always vary. A dealer that had the best price yesterday may not be cheapest today. So I just have a bunch of companies bookmarked and check them all before I buy.

I've also been very happy with these folks: SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #19

PMC is good stuff. Great price and more bang for the buck. Pun intended! Enjoy

be nice to the man with the gun, you'd be crazy not to.

i will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.

i'm selling all my handguns. i'm going all in on ar's!