best assault rifle - Page 33
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

best assault rifle

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #321
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Muzzle loader!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine
I personally think that everyone knows the best assault rifle is some variation on an AK, they're just put off by the fact that its a baddie gun. Now I think we should try to do this best AR thing but see what people dream up if they don't choose ARs, AKs, or SKs. Personally I'm partial to the FN F2000. Compact, reliable, takes common ammo in a common mag, accurate as a mid to close range rifle, and more recently with an underbarrel grenade launcher capability.

Never Forget.
After I read your post I decided to refresh my memory on the ak. After reading some of my books, watching a special on it, and finally doing a tear down on it for good measure, I owe you an apology and would like to retract my previous post. It and it's early brother from another mother the stg 44, are the greatest stepping stones of auto loading rifle history. Sloppy, reliable, controllable, simple, and accurate enough to win wars for 60+ years. It's not that I'm not familiar with the ak at all like I said I have a few, it's just that with all the new age weaponry, sometimes it's easy to overlook the pinicle. I will admit I personally tend to favor the newer stuff, but won't soon forget the how we got there, and what the ak has done for weapons. And your right it's a shame it's looked upon as the bad guys weapon. For good reason too, not only its it a top ranking death dealer, but it's one of the cheapest, most mass produced of all time. Thanks for reminding me

Old 01-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #323

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Well you sure are.
BWHAHA AHH U@!)!$@
this guy vinnytombs, is loving it and i'm going to encourage it.

Back to the main question where everyone knows it's the SCAR-17 but, what other rifle is the best assault rifle...

I think we can all agree that unless you are laser accurate that the 5.56 x 45 is not a one-and-done round.

where the 7.62 x 39 might be.

M4
5.56 x 45 - 62 grain
3020 fps
1256 ft-lbs
Useless past 400 yards (bullet drop is well past 20" and has only 500 ft-lbs.) With 200 yd zero.

AK
7.62 x 39 - 124 grain
2350 fps
1521 ft. lbs. (16% more power than 5.56 & 27% bigger hole)
Useless past 350 yards (bullet drop is well past 25" and has only 530 ft-lbs) With 200 yd zero.

Since we don't think those are all that great...
According to DEADLIEST WARRIOR SWAT vs GSG-9

SWAT would prefer to use
LWRC M6
or HK416
6.8 x 43 - 110 grain
2550 fps
1588 ft lbs. (5% better than AK)
Useless past 400 yards (Bullet drop is well past 30" BUT still has 706 ft-lbs) With 200 yd zero.

In Deadliest Warrior swat still put 2 to the body and 1 to the head in the kill house.

I Think hands down the HK416 is the best ever.
+ Better stopping power than AK
+ Better power at distance than AK
+ Just as reliable as AK
+ More modular than the AK
= Same amount of ammo as AK or AR
- Cost of bullets
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #324

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytombs View Post
After I read your post I decided to refresh my memory on the ak. After reading some of my books, watching a special on it, and finally doing a tear down on it for good measure, I owe you an apology and would like to retract my previous post. It and it's early brother from another mother the stg 44, are the greatest stepping stones of auto loading rifle history. Sloppy, reliable, controllable, simple, and accurate enough to win wars for 60+ years. It's not that I'm not familiar with the ak at all like I said I have a few, it's just that with all the new age weaponry, sometimes it's easy to overlook the pinicle. I will admit I personally tend to favor the newer stuff, but won't soon forget the how we got there, and what the ak has done for weapons. And your right it's a shame it's looked upon as the bad guys weapon. For good reason too, not only its it a top ranking death dealer, but it's one of the cheapest, most mass produced of all time. Thanks for reminding me
Are you comparing the STG44 to the AK47? That's kinda like saying the VZ58 and the AK47 are the same.

Who looks at the AK47 as the rifle of the bad guy? I'm guessing it's the same genius that compares the STG44 and VZ58 to the AK47.

This thread has run its course. There hasn't been any new information sense page 1. The rest has been rehashing the same sh*t like a never ending loop.

Maybe a mod will be by soon to lock this cluster fu*k of misinformation.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #325

I was replying to a person other than yourself, if you read through you would see who i was talking to. And the ak was built off of the stg44 platform. I don't understand why people want to kill this thread. Seems to me like it goes on for a reason.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves

BWHAHA AHH U@!)!$@
this guy vinnytombs, is loving it and i'm going to encourage it.

Back to the main question where everyone knows it's the SCAR-17 but, what other rifle is the best assault rifle...

I think we can all agree that unless you are laser accurate that the 5.56 x 45 is not a one-and-done round.

where the 7.62 x 39 might be.

M4
5.56 x 45 - 62 grain
3020 fps
1256 ft-lbs
Useless past 400 yards (bullet drop is well past 20" and has only 500 ft-lbs.) With 200 yd zero.

AK
7.62 x 39 - 124 grain
2350 fps
1521 ft. lbs. (16% more power than 5.56 & 27% bigger hole)
Useless past 350 yards (bullet drop is well past 25" and has only 530 ft-lbs) With 200 yd zero.

Since we don't think those are all that great...
According to DEADLIEST WARRIOR SWAT vs GSG-9

SWAT would prefer to use
LWRC M6 or HK416
6.8 x 43 - 110 grain
2550 fps
1588 ft lbs. (5% better than AK)
Useless past 400 yards (Bullet drop is well past 30" BUT still has 706 ft-lbs) With 200 yd zero.

In Deadliest Warrior swat still put 2 to the body and 1 to the head in the kill house.

I Think hands down the HK416 is the best ever.
+ Better stopping power than AK
+ Better power at distance than AK
+ Just as reliable as AK
+ More modular than the AK
= Same amount of ammo as AK or AR
- Cost of bullets
I personally agree with the scar 17 being top ranking. However the m416 is its direct competitor. There actually was some type of gov funded shoot off between the 2. The m416 malfunctioned less than the scar, but our gov decided to use the scar in some small divisions over the m416. These are 2 of my favorite weapons.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #327

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Quote:
I was replying to a person other than yourself, if you read through you would see who i was talking to. And the ak was built off of the stg44 platform. I don't understand why people want to kill this thread. Seems to me like it goes on for a reason.
Exactly. What I got from that post was that the STG-44 and the AK47 are similar...not that they're the same.

and believe it or not, there has been some decent information through here.

Like veteran members have said in the past. Read the ENTIRE thread before coming to the last page to pass judgement.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy

Exactly. What I got from that post was that the STG-44 and the AK47 are similar...not that they're the same.

and believe it or not, there has been some decent information through here.

Like veteran members have said in the past. Read the ENTIRE thread before coming to the last page to pass judgement.
Wow man you made my day!! Thanks alot I appreciate you posting some positive towards the thread. Above all I am here to learn. I don't claim to know everything but am hoping this will help me learn about what I don't know. Thanks for actually understanding!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #329

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

any rifle can be considered an assult rifle in the hands of a rifleman. the rifleman is the key. then, now, and tomorrow !

terry

Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #330

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I have been reading this thread as painful as it is to do. It's the same stuff page after page. When I see very knowledgable long time members expressing concern w/ this thread I figure there is a reason. I guess we all should just consider this thread the kids table and move on.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Closed Thread