best assault rifle - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

best assault rifle

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

g36 is a bad piece of machinery you can get a civilian version that is not at all the same it is a variant I can't quite remember the name of it but it was longer and a bit bulkier not the same as the g36 what a bummer I like the original much more the fs2000 does feel a bit bulky for a bull pup but I have the rest of the fn collection so I'm dying to get one hopefully soon I love the ergonomics good post I will look up the civilian version of g36 and post the name

Old 12-23-2011, 04:46 AM   #122

h&k sl8 civilian model of the g36

image-3085712353.png

Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #123

h&k sl8 civilian model of the g 36

image-3295161076.png

Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #124
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3474 Times on 1790 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Thanks to NATO se cant use the ammo you did in Nam quentin. Your bullets back then actaully exploded. That and you guys got to shoot ball ammo. All the **** i was givin for my m4 was fmj and tracers and mags end. If they would let our soldiers use HP then it wouldnt really be a big deal. Do it say every other round in a mag/belt be a HP and everyone would be happy. Well except the NATO love your fellow man, dont hurt him to bad hippies.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did
NATO did not mandate FMJ, The Hague Accords did. International Law. Ball is the same as FMJ. In Vietnam our troops used 55 gr FMJ/ball ammo out of 1/12 twist barrels. Currently we use 62 gr FMJ/ball ammo out of 1/7 twist barrels.

HP ammo or good soft point/ballistic tip bullets are like night and day different than Ball ammo.

My two cents worth? An "Assault Rifle" is a select fire, shoulder fired, aircooled, magazine fed, weapon that uses an intermediate rifle round. The EBR/M-14/FAL/G-3/SCAR 17/etc are battle rifles and in a different category than Assault Rifles.

My vote? Stoner 63A

Old 12-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #125

I agree with the battle rifle post except for the scar I think its in the assault class but I'm letting it all fly here stoner is a great choice nice post

Old 12-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #126

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree on the g36 great gun

Old 12-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #127

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Sorry vinny, some folks get very upset by the term

"assault rifle".

I merely take it to mean Milsurp.

There's a lot of great stuff out there,

you have to focus on your needs.

If you're looking for accuracy, target, varmint, lightweight

and easy to find ammo, there's a lot to be said for the

original AR15.

I like the weight, balance, and dependability

and ease of maintenance of the sturdy SKS.

Everybody else:

Perhaps if you'd focus less on bashing the OP and more

on getting your stingy, procrastinating friends to

join the NRA, we all wouldn't be so upset

about the media bias created by terms like

"assault rifle".

Start asking to see folks NRA membership cards.

Let's put peer pressure to a positive use, for a change.

Last edited by therewolf; 12-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1201 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
... My two cents worth? An "Assault Rifle" is a select fire, shoulder fired, aircooled, magazine fed, weapon that uses an intermediate rifle round. The EBR/M-14/FAL/G-3/SCAR 17/etc are battle rifles and in a different category than Assault Rifles.

My vote? Stoner 63A
Robocop10mm very clearly defines the terms and differences above. What most of us have is not select fire so even though they may look like a duck they don't quack like a duck. They are not assault rifles.

It's too easy to fall into the gun grabbers' trap, they carefully choose inflamatory terms in an attempt to turn public opinion against gun owners. Not understanding the terminology, the uninformed may agree that civilians shouldn't own "Assault Rifles", or "Saturday Night Specials" or "High Capacity" firearms. We gun owners should understand the gun grabbers' assault and avoid spreading negative terminology ourselves. Instead, we above all should try to introduce our friends and family to the truth and the importance of keeping our 2nd Amendment rights.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #129

ok since everyone is fixated on the terminology used in this thread other than the actual topic some one please present the right term for a semi auto "assault rifle" and get it over with please and I think every where you go you should be carded for NRA we need more people whether anyone sees it or not we are threatened everyday to have our rights taken away everyone needs to step up and do more on this issue this is our country and our rights we are talking about here

Old 12-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #130

can someone explain to me why we can't own a full auto unless we have the federal tax stamp if one owned a full auto and was just as safe and took precaution that we would with a semi auto why do we need a tax stamp what's the difference between 5 bullets a second or 1 if some one is going to use a gun in a wrong manner it had nothing to do with how fast it shots anyone feel me on this one

Closed Thread