best assault rifle - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > best assault rifle

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978 View Post
I am confused? Is he talking about the upper receiver? I don't know of many guns you can change the barrel assembly in 5 minutes. However I can change an upper receiver in 5 minute.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.
Don't think many could change out the AR standard type bbl. that quick, and get it correct.
Now with the Magpul/Bushmaster ACR and the FN SCAR it can be done correct and quickly.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #102

Liked 1082 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

I thought he was talking about the AK.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #103

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
I thought he was talking about the AK.
He was and i dont know how the hell he is doin it but i wouldnt trust it

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #104

Yeah I thought he was talking Ak also then I thought no he is talking about an AR upper change. I don't know what the hell he is talking about???

Old 12-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978 View Post
Yeah I thought he was talking Ak also then I thought no he is talking about an AR upper change. I don't know what the hell he is talking about???

I think the fastest way to change a AK bbl. is to drop the one needing a new bbl.and grab another AK.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474

I think the fastest way to change a AK bbl. is to drop the one needing a new bbl.and grab another AK.
Lol yeah that's right.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #107

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

He is talking about an AK. He voted for an AK because parts are plentiful and easy to swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
Yeahi can swap out an entire barrel assembly in like 5 min or even easier like I said just get a new one they're so damn cheap.

Never Forget.
From another conversation on changing an AK barrel:

Question-

Just wondering what kind of effort would be involved in changing a barrel on an AK-47. Does it have to be done by a gunsmith or can you do it at your shop at home given the right tools? If you can do it at home what kind of tools do you need? Need response from someone with experence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer-

Almost all AKs made since the early 1960s have pressed and pinned barrels. To change one of these barrels you would need a 20T hydraulic press, a fixture that can hold the rifle for pressing, a drill press and headspace gauges. First the old barrel must be pressed out of the barrel trunnion. Then the new barrel pressed in to the point where the headspace is correct. Finally a hole has to be drilled through the hole in the trunnion, across the top of the chamber portion of the barrrel inside the trunnion and the barrel pin would then be driven in. During the pressing in of the new barrel, it has to be held in the proper position so that the front sight and gas block which are mounted on the barrel align with their counterparts on the receiver/trunnion.

The earlier, "classic" AK, the Type 3, has a threaded barrel screwed into the milled receiver and to change one of them would need a lathe and or shims to adjust the timing.

Drue
-------------------------------

Like I said earlier you're not changing an AK barrel w/o serious tools.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #108

There are a lot of parts kits shipped in to the USA without bbl.s, then our USA builders install American Mfg. bbl.s. And many are installed wrong, and are sold to people who don't know why their rifles don't shoot well, or their sights don't line up.
Lots of dealers sell to the mass's at gun shows, they know they won't be around to take care of any problems.
And the Mfg's here in the USA could care less.
So you have to be real careful what you are buying.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #109
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2896 Times on 1412 Posts
Likes Given: 1457

Vinny,
Please do not take this personal! Since you are new to the AR or Tactical type rifle world. But every time I view a post with the mention of those terrible words used by the Liberal Anti-Gunners "ASSUALT RIFLE". It bugs the S---t out of me and reminds me of their " intentional terminology" and agenda to take our Second Amendment Rights from us. A true Assault Rifle is Full Auto!

God Bless America!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Vinny,
Please do not take this personal! Since you are new to the AR or Tactical type rifle world. But every time I view a post with the mention of those terrible words used by the Liberal Anti-Gunners "ASSUALT RIFLE". It bugs the S---t out of me and reminds me of their " intentional terminology" and agenda to take our Second Amendment Rights from us. A true Assault Rifle is Full Auto!

God Bless America!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I've been comparing the assault rifles. I was comparing the SCAR MK 16 to the Colt M4 Carbine, not the 16s to the 16" AR-15.

I think most others were doing the same.

In all other situations though, I'm right there with you. I cringe when watching television and hear the term assault rifle.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Closed Thread