Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   best assault rifle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/best-assault-rifle-53797/)

vinnytombs 12-18-2011 10:51 PM

best assault rifle

I was just thinking and I'm sure this topic has been brought up many of times before but what is every ones thoughts on what is the best assault rifle take into consideration: calibre, weight, handling, characteristics, reliability, range, brands, compatibility with extras,such as scopes, versatility, availability, and usage in wars I have a few of the big famous ones and love em all the same so I'd love to hear options take into consideration all variables that you can come up with

JonM 12-18-2011 11:09 PM

welllllll historically there was and has been only one assault rifle type the sturmgewer stg-44 no other nation or leader has ever labeled their issue to combat troops an assault rifle. only hitler and nazi germany did so.

that is why the liberal media has labeled everything from a ruger 22 to a side by side elephant gun an "assault rifle". the intent is to label all guns as evil nazi death machines in order to make it easier to ban guns in america and around the world.

once the guns are gun then the filling of trenches with bodies of the politically undesirables can commence in full force. dont think it isnt happening now. in some elite euro nations africa and some asian nations its been going full force.

so using the term "assault rifle" just helps the left to fill the trenches.

mjkeat 12-19-2011 01:13 AM

Best military rifle ever would have to be the M4. I've heard good things about the VZ58 but I'm not sure how many mounting options it has.

44ablast 12-19-2011 01:23 AM

The best and most widely used military assault rifle is the AK47.

mjkeat 12-19-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44ablast (Post 655184)
The best and most widely used military assault rifle is the AK47.

You forgot to consider versatility into the equation. Mounting options for the AK have sucked until recently, as in the last year or so. There are a lot of good mounts on the market as of late but before they have sat so high the cheek weld has been horrible.

Not only that but it in no way can it be used as a DMR type rifle let alone a anti personnel weapon.

44ablast 12-19-2011 01:37 AM

Ok your right not much thought went into my response.I've never seen an AK with a grenade launcher , or all the goodies on it like the m-16 or the m-4

mjkeat 12-19-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44ablast (Post 655197)
Ok your right not much thought went into my response.I've never seen an AK with a grenade launcher , or all the goodies on it like the m-16 or the m-4

LOL, I have but it's rare.

"Goodies" are nice but don't mean much when they are difficult to use or don't allow for consistent use.

Have you ever tried to use a scope utilizing the side mount on an AK? If you have you'd know what I'm talking about. That's just the first thing that came to mind. I'm sure I can come up w/ more.

Nothing against AKs as I've owner a few variants. You just need to know the limitations to the weapon system.

trip286 12-19-2011 01:44 AM

I don't agree with the M4 being the best. It's cool, and good for and urban environment, but I'd really like to get my hands on an EBR. I feel the M14 trumps all else American made. That's my opinion.

mjkeat 12-19-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 655203)
I don't agree with the M4 being the best. It's cool, and good for and urban environment, but I'd really like to get my hands on an EBR. I feel the M14 trumps all else American made. That's my opinion.

How is it versatile. I can see the M14 maybe being a good choice if it weren't for him throwing in, versatile. Try clearing a room w/ that monster or even carrying a x51 loadout.

The M4 can do it all just change optics.

I can clear rooms all day w/ an AR then engage a distant target on the return trip to the FOB.

Don't forget he included weight, handling, and availability as well.

trip286 12-19-2011 02:03 AM

The EBR is an M14 package that makes it capable of the same versatility of your M4.

However, it is heavy. Much heavier than the M4. I like the rifle and the round better. I never really cared for the M16A2/A4 or the M4 carbine.