Best AR under $8-900 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best AR under $8-900

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbcruz12 View Post
Ok so without building one, can y'all help me out?
If you want to go down to your local store and walk out with a complete rifle on the cheap, S&W offers some decent ARs in the $650-900 range. That's where I'd start under those circumstances.

You can also buy complete rifles, and complete upper and lower halves (no 'building' required) from PSA on the cheap. This is where you're likely to get the most rifle for your money. $200 complete lower, $400-500 complete upper, $200 sight package.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #12

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
If you want to go down to your local store and walk out with a complete rifle on the cheap, S&W offers some decent ARs in the $650-900 range. That's where I'd start under those circumstances.

You can also buy complete rifles, and complete upper and lower halves (no 'building' required) from PSA on the cheap. This is where you're likely to get the most rifle for your money. $200 complete lower, $400-500 complete upper, $200 sight package.
So true ,
If you order everything below , when you get it all you will need to do is set the upper on top of the lower and push in the 2 pins . $750 plus shipping
Anytime I have ordered them like this the CH and the BCG always come in the upper so you wont even have to put those in it .

Heres the complete built lower $179
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

Optics and BCG $249

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/vortex-strikefire-optic-and-engraved-5-56-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group.html

16" carbine upper $299

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Charging handle $19

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/charging-handles/ar15-m16-charging-handle-6792.html

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 10-17-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #13

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Spikes tactical is an excellent choice in your price range. And they have a lifetime warranty with great customer service

Last edited by kiabe1; 10-18-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #14

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1663

In that price range, and you don't want to build huh?

S&W
Windham Weaponry
Stag Arms

Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner
Man I wish I could have another one I hate living in NY
You can have another, it's none of cuomos damn business
Old 10-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #16

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbcruz12
Help me out with some good names and more importantly why you think they're the best(chrome lined barrel, scope/red for included, ertc). I know the usual brands but as far as certain models I'm not too sure.
For that price range you can either get decent parts and build or you can get a mediocre run of the mill AR

No build you can get a DPMS or a Smith and Wesson m&p sport (slick side model no forward assist or dust cover)

OR

You can shop around and find some deals. I'm doing a build right now for my dad and using primarily PSA, aim surplus has some good deals too on stripped lowers

$350- PSA complete upper with CHF double chrome thickness lined barrel 1:7 twist 5.56 NATO carbine length gas system (these are are some of the best barrels made by FN- also used by spikes tactical for their rifles oh and FN makes the m249 saw barrels for the DOD)

$80- spikes tactical cosmetic blem lower from aimsurplus.com

$67- PSA lower parts kit with QMS trigger

$139- spikes m16 BCG from aimsurplus (free shipping right now!)

$45- BCM mod 4 (med) charging handle, pretty much going rate around haven't seen them below $40 don't pay over $50

$150- spikes buffer/stock kit (includes mil spec buffer tube T2 heavy buffer, and magpul CtR stock)

$60- magpul folding rear sight

That's $891 total, under your budget but the above components blow away a stock DPMS or the slick side m&p

You could even do it for cheaper
-Get a spikes buffer kit with a regular stock instead of the magpul will save $50
-regular ch instead of bcm will be $12 save $40
-basic BCG can be had for $100 or less save another $40

Right there that brings you in at $761 +/- for shipping and tax. Trust me the upgrades are only moderate compared to what you can really do to them. In the long run they will pay off, cry once buy once. Trust me you may THINK you only want the basics but just wait you'll be back. Toying with ARs is like a disease.

You're gonna have a great barrel that will last forever, a mil spec legit lower, nice upgraded trigger, reliable BCG, smooth recoil with the heavy buffer, comfortable magpul stock. It'll be reliable, and you won't be disappointed.

Another advantage to building is once you purchase the lower at an FFL and do the background check the rest of the parts can be shipped directly to your doorstep! You can take your time and save more funds to build a nicer AR than you would get doing it all at once.

GOOD LUCK!