Best AR Magazine?? JD's SHOT Show 2011 Discovery
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best AR Magazine?? JD's SHOT Show 2011 Discovery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Best AR Magazine?? JD's SHOT Show 2011 Discovery

I was walking the aisles with Scubie on Day two of the show. It was late, getting towards dinner time and we had already walked over 3 miles according to the pedometer in my pocket. Up one aisle, down the next. Time and again with a few stops but EVERYWHERE there was new AR stuff.

Jason and Scubie will both attest to the fact that you couldn't swing a dead cat without seeing a booth without seeing another new, or modified AR accessory. They were flat everywhere.

So by the time we got to the Cammenga AR Booth it was getting old.

Until I happened to pause to watch the 32" flat screen with a video playing of this companies' magazine being put through some AMAZING tests.

Screw P-Mags.
Screw C-Mags.
Screw OK Magazines.
Lancer, though making great strides in the plastic mag department still falls short.
Del-Ton, DPMS, Panther, anything you can buy straight from company "B" in a 6 pack, they all PALE by comparison....

I saw these magazines by Cammenga being not only crushed with a sledgehammer, dirt, sand, grime, dragged behind a vehicle and beatdown resisant..... they also offer a quick load feature that NO ONE is offering.

I challenge you to watch the videos on the above link, see the quick loading feature, how it works, and than what they do to that magazine BEFORE they slap it into an M4 and go full auto with it - then NOT be impressed.

Hands down, this is my new SHTF, ultimate AR magazine and I bought enough of them to outfit what weapons should be in safe, except for that boating accident issue.

Check them out. Watch the videos and see what YOU think.

Because these magazines are flat out one of the best products that I saw at SHOT this year. And I felt strong enough about them to order not one, but two, sets of them before the show was over.

Does your magazine match up to what these can do??

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I must say I am very impressed! However it wouldnt be very cost effective or even smart for me to pick up more then a few of these. tough as nails sure but you pay for that thats for sure, plus not ca friendly yet...

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 01-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Wow, that was an impressive clip.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
I must say I am very impressed! However it wouldnt be very cost effective or even smart for me to pick up more then a few of these. tough as nails sure but you pay for that thats for sure, plus not ca friendly yet...
SHOT had a special. That is all I can say. It was WELL worth it after handling them. They are effing awesome!!

I think I might raffle one or two off to S/M's in the next couple of months for trials to see how they perform across multiple platforms.

From what I have seen? Spring steel construction with a quick load feature that will allow sand, dirt and grime, but still function??

Are you kidding me? This magazine is built to get rounds in the gun and on target as fast as possible.

For my money? I would pay MSRP plus for what these mags provide.

So.

Scubie has a couple. He and Glass can try them out. Perhaps I send one to Jack and let him test it? See what a true, Red, White, Blue and Badass Operator thinks.

Would that be enough for you guys to believe over my word??

I truly believe this is the best mag out there for the civilian AR owner.

JD

Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 AM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That is a freakin' awesome clip. I mean the video clip, the magazine looks kinda cool too I guess.

When I get back to the states I'll probably pick up a couple.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
That is a freakin' awesome clip. I mean the video clip, the magazine looks kinda cool too I guess.

When I get back to the states I'll probably pick up a couple.
I got one for you to test My Brother. You know I got your South Korean back.

Hit me up when you get back.

JD

Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

JD i dont doubt that these are most likely the best AR mag design out there. Dont get me wrong I would love to have a few but untill I come into some money probably not gonna get a ton of them. but yeah if you got a deal on multiple ones I could see doin it then. Wish I worked in the armory here at work. Id get a few and take them to the "range" gotta love a product with a NSN/NIIN attached to it!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #8

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I got one for you to test My Brother. You know I got your South Korean back.

Hit me up when you get back.

JD
Outstanding! Thanks.

I'll be sure to drag 'em through the Alaskan tundra and see how they work out too.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
JD i dont doubt that these are most likely the best AR mag design out there. Dont get me wrong I would love to have a few but untill I come into some money probably not gonna get a ton of them. but yeah if you got a deal on multiple ones I could see doin it then. Wish I worked in the armory here at work. Id get a few and take them to the "range" gotta love a product with a NSN/NIIN attached to it!
You one to test Mach? Send me a PM and we will work out a deal for you.

JD

Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #10

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Very impressive and I would say they are worth there cost. A few of those aren't in the budget right now but come April I might just have to get 4 or 5 of them

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD