"BEST" AR, "BEST" Upgrades.... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > "BEST" AR, "BEST" Upgrades....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default so is this acceptable "blingage"?

I sure as heck hope that I'm acceptable at the club with my favorite piece....

Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #32
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I think the best (worst?) has passed.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I think the best (worst?) has passed.
Don't bet on that bro - there is like a page and a half to respond too... LOL

JD

Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default sorry....

My apologies...I just couldn't resist trying to lighten up the tone in here.

No offense intended...towards anyone, their skills/masteries/experiences/titles/accomplishments/tastes or their AR's.

Slo

Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
I have been quietly reading a bunch of the threads here, and I'm seeing some 'Stinkin' Thinkin' going on...

First off,
There are only two or three people that are forcing their opinions and view points down everyone's throats.
That's a bad thing when someone is a 'Self Appointed Internet God'...

Old 08-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
ACOG is a Canadian invention, so that means it graduated in meters... Pretty silly for a 3 gun match graduated in yards...
ACOG is marketed by Trijicon, which is in Michigan. It's also pretty standard fare for military personnel right now.

Quote:
The use of the word 'Kit' means either you are trying to be 'British' or you are a foreign national, as in from Canada...
Which meas you aren't allowed to own firearms of any kind until you are naturalized...
And naturalized probably wouldn't use the word 'Kit' anymore.
So, Larry Vickers and Kyle Lamb, are trying to be British? They use the term "kit" to describe their equipment...

Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #38

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

JPBeck - Sorry about the finger bro - that sucks. I have that same laptop at my place. Cool.

Slow - That's pretty funny bro. I like your choice of accessories, but I always pictured you being older... and less Pacific Rim... LOL

JD

Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
JPBeck - Sorry about the finger bro - that sucks. I have that same laptop at my place. Cool.

Slow - That's pretty funny bro. I like your choice of accessories, but I always pictured you being older... and less Pacific Rim... LOL

JD
Hey now...Wazzup wit dat??? I'm not "older", I'm 'COLLECTIBLE'

And as for Pacific Rim...well I did stay at a Holiday Inn one night....in the Philippines

Not to mention, I grew up out there, and just about every other country out in the Pacific where Uncle Sam had to hang his hat (Air Force Brat), but also spent alot of time hanging out at the Navy/Marine bases, too - for the BEACHES (no, not the other kind)

Slo

Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #40

LOVE THE HOOD ORNAMENT AND KEY RING!

I just GOT to get me one of those next time I'm at the mall in my hummer!

HEY! Where are the solar cells and Ipod player!?
---------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I know who he is. I recognize his original screen name. He owns a Jeep with a bunch of "gadgets" and "expensive parts that [he doesn't] need". He is blatantly trolling or just to ignorant to understand that different people have different tastes. And though he owns a rather customized Jeep, he seems to think that he is the only one that has the right to customize their own crap.
MattG, that would be the guy from pIRATE4x4 web site...
Think I should post links to some of your 'Better' posts?
Do you think you will have any credibility when the guys here see how you treat other people and stuff every post with insults and as many 4 letter words as possible?

Before you preach, you need to have the high moral ground...
Just a clue for the next time you want to insult someone and rebuke them at the same time...

Quote:
He is blatantly trolling or just to ignorant to understand that different people have different tastes. And though he owns a rather customized Jeep, he seems to think that he is the only one that has the right to customize their own crap.
A direct and insulting post from a moderator, telling 'stories' that simply aren't true...
Fine example you are setting here Matt.

As for the posts you eluded to on pIRATE4x4 would be exactly 14, as of the 3 I posted today...
AND,
I'd like for you to link to anything you think is anything but polite and professional there...

From '06,
2 posts same thread, Offering help and complements.
2 posts same thread, Offering wiring diagrams and tech information.
1 post, solved the posters problem.
1 post, wiring diagram and tech info, solved the users problem in 1 post.
1 post, opinion/advice, no issues.
1 post, information.
1 post, information given, no reply from OP, so I figure he solved his problem.
1 post, information, one guy complained, but the rest of the group set him straight.

TODAY,
2 posts. Started a thread on shackle reversal asking for opinions Pros/Cons.
1 post. Started a thread asking for parts and extras storage solutions.

Would you like for me to post the links so the viewers can decide for themselves if I'm a bad influence on the pIRATE board?
Since there is only 14 that won't be hard to do...

Quote:
He owns a Jeep with a bunch of "gadgets" and "expensive parts that [he doesn't] need".
I've read your posts on pIRATE and here, so your opinion of me or my hardware doesn't matter to me.

I will clear some 'False Stories' up for the guys that don't know me yet... Let them make up their minds...

My 'Jeeps', All pretty much stock...
No exotic engine, no transplanted engines, all AMC/Jeep power plants that came in one thing or another...
No SUPER TUNE parts or racing parts. I'm going 60 mph or under, so I don't need 650 Horse Power.

I did transplant a couple of axles into vehicles I aqured that had weak axles that kept breaking. Since AMC/Jeeps are so simple, it's not hard work or expensive.

Haven't paid more than $1,200 for any of them...

That would be the Full Size Jeep Grand Wagoneer I purchased on E-bay for $1,200... Freshly rebuilt engine, freshly rebuilt transmission, less than 1,200 miles on both,
Excellent REASONABLY SIZED AT tires that were new,
Nevada vehicle that had never seen salt on the roads... No rust at all.
Air conditioning works great, good aftermarket stereo in it' everything worked.
Came with extra axles, extra transmission, extra transfer case, extra wheels and tires, and had new springs on it.
I sold one of the axles and the extra transmission/transfer case for $550.
Sold the extra wheels/tires for $200.

Was hit in the front end and the insurance company totaled it since it was an '86. He couldn't plate/insure it with a salvage title in the state he was moving to, so he delivered it here for $1,200.
I can title, insure and plate it here, we don't have 'Salvage' titles in this state... Insurance has to cover it like it was never hit.

It cost me $180 for a front fender and I already had a grill shell & hood from my other full size parts vehicles.

When a drunk hit it parked here at home, the insurance company gave me $2,600 for repairs. I put another front fender on it (the other side) for another $180.
It's a pretty good camping/tow vehicle when I have to trailer something...

Most of the vehicles were free or less than $300.

The little CJ I use the most was $450 and I have about $2,500 in it to date, and that includes new springs, since the old ones actually wore through at the eyes ($600), and new tires since I ran the old ones until they wouldn't hold air anymore ($550). Other wise the most expensive thing I've done was a tune up and first aid kit with fire extingusher.
(I wouldn't really call that 'Excessive')

And if by 'gadgets' & 'expensive parts... don't need',
Do you mean changing to electronic ignition from breaker points... GUILTY! I like it to start in the morning and every time I turn the key from that point forward.
Factory 'Junk Yard' parts and a little imagination does the trick.
Nothing expensive and nothing 'Not Needed'.

If you mean the under hood welder, we use it at least once a week on the farm.
Cost about $25 to make an old alternator into a welder.
Neither 'Expensive' or 'Not Needed'....

If you are talking about the little electric air compressor, since we air the tires down before we 'Wheel', we need to air them back up to drive on the highway...

The air compressor comes in handy for running tools one the trail and farm too.
Cost me nothing, it's a warranty return I fixed from where I work.

It's not a 'Trailer Queen'...
I drive it almost daily, weather permitting, since it only costs me about $15 in gas where my Cad would run about $50.

Let the readers do the math, I don't have much in any of them...
Off road is my 'Hobby' and I don't spend a bunch of money on 'Hobby' vehicles...

Do you also want to tell them the conversion/tune up ($60 to $80) and article I wrote and released for FREE..
For these little old jeeps is being sold as a 'KIT' on E-bay and it now it's a staple, almost a requirement, for jeep owners?

At last count, there were at least 40 places making money off my 'Free' upgrade, but I've never charged a dime to anyone, and freely give away the part numbers, 'How To' articles, and supply tech help to anyone (and everyone) that asks?

There are at least 400 threads pop up on my ignition upgrade alone on pIRATE when you que it in the search...
My orignal pic and article are still on the ORC servers from '99, so I can show EXACTLY where the first article came from, and who wrote it!

You guys may rewrite the information and switch it up a little so you avoid copyright laws, but other forums and sites had the good taste to credit the orignal series of post and my orignal articles...
I released it for FREE, the least you could do was show a little respect or gratitude for research, development and getting all the info given to you organized, categorized with all possible variations and in long hand.
Even the children at IFSJA gave credit when they plagiarized the orignal articles and screwed up the information...
If they would have asked, I would have let them use the ORIGINAL, correct articles for free... But you guys do things a little differently than I would...

How about your guys ripping off my water tight hub upgrade?
My images are still showing property dates of '99 & '00, but your guys 'Invented' it in '06 after I directed one of your users to my version and write up page? What's up with that?
And By the way, there is an updated article, and you guys haven't got the new images off my web site yet...
There is no point in asking for credit, or pursuing a copyright infringement suit against something that is making me zero dollars, but some recognition at least for the wiring diagrams and pictures would be nice...

Just good, solid, reliable and dependable back country transportation.
No 'Fad' hardware and no 'Expensive Accessories'.
No point in 'Bling' the cows aren't impressed, I'm too old and slow to chase teenagers, and it's just going to rust off or get knocked off anyway...

---------------------------------
BTY Matt,
Good try at an 'Attack Deflection', George Bush would be proud.
The only thing you haven't insulted of mine is my dog and my pocket knife..
My mental state (PO'ed right now) has been questioned, my motives have been questioned, the only thing you haven't called me is 'Communist' and tried to link me with Al Quada... YET!
(another republican favorite!)

Don't think about the problem or issues, or the actual message,
Don't try and find an solution,
Don't allow anyone to have a dissenting opinion,
Delete the post or thread,
And question their patriotism and their morals,
(and run the other way before anyone notices you are gone!)

I haven't lost sight of the orignal post/vent, and I haven't changed my mind much either...
See NEXT now that the 'Inaccuracies' Matt is slinging around are clear as mud...

Last edited by AR Hammer; 08-21-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Closed Thread